Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Checks stolen...miss delivered... used (Read 369 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Checks stolen...miss delivered... used
04/17/14 at 14:07:53

Yup.... My banks check company delivered my checks to someone out of state, using DHL as a delivery... they were delivered to the wrong person.
That person decided to write about $3,000.00 worth of checks in cash to herself.... I got a copy of the returned checks and the signatures on two of them match my signature at the bottom. One is a totally different person, writing style way different, but the signature on the check and my signature on that check also match.
Calling the lawyer tomorrow, going to prosecute to the fullest.
I spent this afternoon at the bank changing all my personal information to a new account number....
Her is now what I have to worry about...
I am prosecuting ...they obviously don't give a rats patuty about who I am, they might have family or be gang related....yup one of those names.
My check has my name, my wife's name, my address and our phone numbers printed on the top.... guess what they can do now?
And there in is the worry....they know where I live, but I don't know where "exactly" she lives...so far... I know the state and city....from google... going to call the bank tomorrow and get the banks they got cashed at, to bump against what info I have found so far.
So, since I am going to go full out, I am now calling the lawyer to get some kind of restraining order written against her and any family members.
I will attempt to find a decent private detective to locate this person before the law does.... so I have some kind of proof it is actually her and her friends/family.
The girl I talked to told me the checks were written out of state... but the name I google / white page/ reverse phone lookup ect.... only comes up with ONE name US wide... so much for being proud of your name, thanks mom and dad Smiley
The three checks received were written for cash, there are 4 numbered checks between those in the sequence that have yet to show up.... hope they bought a car....
I might have to deviate on the plans for this year.... lawyer costs might not be paid for right away, cause I plan on suing somebody.... be it the check company, or DHL.... cause I know the person writing the checks ain't got no money, they are trying to steal mine!
Angry

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Checks stolen...miss delivered... used
Reply #1 - 04/17/14 at 14:13:52

When it calms down and you know what you are going to do, go to the trip thread and tell us.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 04/17/14 at 14:17:06

Dang sorry to hear, being a fellow victim, and I can sure feel for ya. Might want to beef up the home security.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 04/17/14 at 14:34:03

I think this is a version of what's known in our part of the world as "phishing" cheques are stolen from mail boxes and the name of the person/organisation being paid is chemically cleaned out and the "phisher's" name or organisation substituted. The owner's signature is left untouched. It's sad that this sort of thing goes on, but it's world wide. Some experts say that the cheque is one of nine things that will disappear in our lifetime. I've tended to do a lot of phone banking as I don't trust internet banking and I very seldom use a cheque these days.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 04/17/14 at 14:45:29

maybe you're thinking of "check washing"

It's possible they "bought" one of your checks stolen out of the mailbox.
And used the info to order a new set.

Your local fuzz should have a fraud department.  going after them yourself maybe less the satisfying.

WWW   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #5 - 04/17/14 at 15:21:58

The bank should give your money back. Suing someone? Probably a waste of money to be honest. The only person liable is the person who wrote the bad checks and if they have nothing, you're getting nothing from them.  I had a guy who stole a check out of my company checkbook and wrote a couple grand to himself for drugs. He even admitted it and the country attorney here said there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute because the grocery clerk who cashed the check couldn't positive ID him in a lineup.  Get your money back from the bank and let the law take care of it, and if they don't, just get on with your life.  Undecided

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #6 - 04/17/14 at 16:00:22

Yes Verslagen, different names in different countries.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 04/17/14 at 16:52:17

sorry to hear... you'll know what to do when your head clears

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 04/17/14 at 19:19:11

If  you put all the crooks in jail, who will run the country?  While suing sounds like fun, if they only wrote 3thou of bad checks, and you can't prove it harmed you (e.g. credit went south) what are you expecting to win.??   The bank/etc should refund you the loss, so outside of your time and grey hairs, I suspect your loses as minimal.  The police get to look into prosecution with the DA making the determination (I think).
Best of luck in your adventure.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 04/17/14 at 22:47:09

Well, if Florida is still like MS was when I lived there, that's a hard time type of crime... In Harrison County it used to work out to 1 day per dollar stolen.

Good luck, and let the state boys handle it. That's one of the things they get paid for...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 04/18/14 at 07:03:33

Nope checks were not stolen from my mailbox, I actually got called by the bank two weeks ago and they asked if mine had been delivered.

They also said others checks had been delivered to wrong addresses.

The bank is looking into the DHL side....might be something fishy going on, like maybe the driver dropped them off on purpose.

I'll know more today....first have to call DFAS, SS, VA, and a ton of other places...

Got a frickin' migraine that won't go away...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 04/18/14 at 08:32:20

Some gal stole a checkbook outta my glove box. She went around writing checks in places I couldnt write checks, convincing people "Nolan" ( my first name) was her MOTHER! Yea, I talked to one of the doe eyed idiots who believed that crap.. morons abound,,
Anyway, after filling out a forgery affidavit on every single check that idiot wrote, I got 100% of my $$ back..
& SHE actually put HER drivers license number ON the checks,,
But
They didnt prosecute her! Whuuut! Ohh well,,, I got my $$ back,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 04/18/14 at 09:29:21

Charges will be pressed against some body!  My personal safety is the issue... they know where I live, my phone number... and they know large checks can be written and cashed...so if they can do that...they might come look at the house...

Someone, the check company or DHL will pay me for my troubles..... i'm on hold with the va right now...but i'm calling the lawyer next...glad I pay them monthly....have had one on retainer for at least 5yrs now...only needed him once...

All I could really sue for is "mental anguish, suffering, theft of personal property, release of personal information and defamation of character if credit goons come after me".

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 04/18/14 at 12:47:08

Hangings to good for em !

Low-Life-Scum-Suckers !

My vote is "Bring Capital Punishment" to cases where these type of Scum-Suckers are involved ... Take em out of the jean pool befor they can reproduce !

This is one area where the musulems are way ahead of us.

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Bluesman

Jack of many trades

Malmö, Sweden
Reply #14 - 04/18/14 at 14:33:45

Over here, cheques stopped being used about 15-20 years ago. If you go to a bank and ask for a cheque credit or new cheques for your bank account the teller will look at you like something the cat brought home and dropped on the floor Smiley

Not to mention if try to pay by cheque in a store. They simply have no idea what to do with it. Funny they still exist over there.

Cheers /Richard
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:25:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Checks stolen...miss delivered... used

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.