Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Under engine air scoop. (Read 685 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Under engine air scoop.
Reply #15 - 04/28/14 at 20:49:15

Sorry for the low quality of the pic,  I couldn't post it in its current form (pdf) so I put it on my computer screen and snapped a pic.   Hopefully someone recognizes it!   Beautiful bike!!

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/28/14 at 20:59:56

K well I just had to find the build,  though not as long as I remember,  here is the link.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1375320516

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/29/14 at 02:17:15

That's pretty cool.. might look a bit odd on my bobber but I'd be real keen for some more airflow.. I wonder how much cooling difference it would actually make?

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/29/14 at 07:17:41

Could have sworn I put this picture up for inspiration,  but guess not so here it is.   It's a 2011 Honda Sabre Pro Drag Concept,  but that air scoop has me drooling...

2011-honda-sabre-switchbl-6_600x0w.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/29/14 at 07:28:28

Have you taken a pic of the savage & photoshopped it yet? If not, ya mite want to. That scoop fits into that bikes overall shape, it doesnt look like an afterthought, a scoop on a savage? I dunno,, & when you get done putting the time in, you may not dig it as much as ya think now.. Mite be ahead to step back & see what its really gonna look like,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/29/14 at 07:41:33

Really sweet close up of it.

2011-honda-sabre-switchbl-3_800x0w.jpg
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/29/14 at 08:06:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/29/14 at 07:28:28:
Have you taken a pic of the savage & photoshopped it yet? If not, ya mite want to. That scoop fits into that bikes overall shape, it doesnt look like an afterthought, a scoop on a savage? I dunno,, & when you get done putting the time in, you may not dig it as much as ya think now.. Mite be ahead to step back & see what its really gonna look like,

I don't use photoshop,  but yes I've not only drawn up my design (going between a few different ones as I get further in and have a better feel of the inside geometry I'll go from there.   I've started my mold  and not from pictures,  it's a one off mold on the frame side.   I've made the proper measurements to make sure it runs parallel to the ground and I'm going to use a little trig to figure the general slope of the scoop as the best designs seems to run tangent to the tire and then open up a few degrees.   I may not be a professional by any means at mechanics but I am obsessive and anal as hell.   I've spent months already just thinking about doing this,  I just started the thread not long ago but I've brought this up before.   Also,  your skepticism about an air scoop on a Savage,  I'm just curious,  so you do not think that blue one I posted last night looks good?   I love it but I mean do you not even like it at all.   There are other Savages out there that I've seen with air scoops and honestly,  this is probably one of two that I thought looked like it belonged there,  and this one wasn't even custom made for it,  it was just salvaged from another bike.   So I guess what I'm saying is I have and will continue to think about the best design and functionality,  and any other details one could think of until it's done.  If at that point I don't like what I've produced,  I'll try again as its cheap as hell to make a mold.   I  am in finals week to graduate and I HAVE to pass my classes or I'm basically never graduating,  I got to bed at 3:30am this morning and had to wake up at 6:30am,  I was exhausted from being on campus all week,  and u didn't get a minute of sleep because I was thinking of different ways to secure the scoop to the bike.   Point being,  I'm going to make this work out die from resin fume poisoning,  lol.   I think just the fact that I've posted a pic of a Savage with a sweet looking under scoop goes to show that yes it can be done while still looking really good.  

That's my 2 cents...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 04/29/14 at 08:34:29

Yea, man, they can look good. Im not knockin the idea at all, just trying to do some arm chair quarterbackin & tossin out ideas. Id hate to see a guy dump a ton O time in something & come away disappointed if a little more planning would help him dodge that. Sounds like youre on your way to winning it. Thats all I care about it, is that ya win & walk away smiling,
Hang in there on school. WIN that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 04/29/14 at 09:18:24

Thanks man,  I didn't mean to come off hostile if I did I'm sorry.   I'm just out of my mind from tests lol.   I know what you are talking about though.   I have another thread which basically is my failure.   I tried stripping and coating my exhaust header with VHT Ceramic paint,  and I did it twice.   First time didn't take long I just followed the instructions on the can after a few hours with the sanding flap and other chemicals.   That didn't take.   So I read up a bunch and was basically told I needed to take things way way slower.   So I spread the next attempt over a week and it started out great,  I thought I had a great paint job that was gonna hold,  but before the end of the night it was chipping and cracked all to hell.   I've since gotten them to agree to refund the cost of the paint and I complained about how I spent probably 40ish in materials to do the job so there gonna refund me an extra 50,  so ironically that will cover the cost of a professional job I got quoted here in Houston.   So yeah I'm gonna take my time,  I need a win!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 04/29/14 at 09:20:50

What part of HOuston you in?

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 04/29/14 at 09:31:05

I live in the Montrose area   and go to UH.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 04/29/14 at 09:52:32

I dont know Montrose. I left Houston 46 years ago. I went to Aldine Jr High & lived down Gault Rd, off of Aldine Mail Route,
Just across the street from Greens Bayou,, the only house for 5 blocks.. A Wonderland for a boy.

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 04/29/14 at 11:09:37

Lol I can imagine how much fun that was.   Montrose is like the new 'hip' part of town just west of downtown going off of around Westheimer and Shepard or Kirby.   I grew up in Nebraska before I moved here in 04 and I still haven't gotten used to the heat.   Freaking 9 month summers suck,  especially with our 400% humidity...   Still in good riding weather though so I'm getting it in while I can!

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 05/03/14 at 00:03:19

Got my mold nearly finished.   I messed up a few areas so I'll put some filler over it once I'm satisfied with the overall shape and get it nice and smooth and ready to go.

IMAG0166.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 05/03/14 at 06:50:43

Thanksa for the update,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:27:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Under engine air scoop.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.