Send Topic Print
Suddenly won't start (Read 47 times)
Ebiren
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Suddenly won't start
04/16/14 at 11:50:50

I bought a suzuki savage 1994 model a few months ago. I have been doing some modifications to it, and took the rectifier off. I obviously intented to put it back on, but didn't think it hurt to drive without it for a little while. I have recharged it a couple of times since it won't charge without the rectifier. Before the last trip I had a little hard time to get it running and quickly noticed something was wrong. It kind of felt like it was out fuel, but it wasn't. I managed to get back home, but now it won't start at all. The fuel is set to primary and fuel is coming out. The starter is turning and it sounds like it want to start, but it won't. Do any of you have an idea what it might be? Can I have broken something because I drove without the rectifier? I thought it might work if I plugged the rectifier back in. but I can only find 1 outlet on the bike which isn't in use(the rectifier has 2).

All help will be much appreciated!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Suddenly won't start
Reply #1 - 04/16/14 at 12:12:38

First......You should not be riding without the rectifier connected.  Why take a chance on frying something expensive?

Second -What amperage of battery charger have you been using to charge the battery?  You may have overcharged the battery and cooked it!  The charger should not be more than 1.5 amps.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Suddenly won't start
Reply #2 - 04/16/14 at 12:40:06

First,.. put yer' rectifier back on...  (without the rectifier, yer' stator is cranking ac volts and has no where to put them)...
Second,... coming up from the stator are 2 connectors... the 3 wire goes to the rectifier...  the 2 wire is the ignition pick-up (make sure that one hasn't come un-clipped...

If still no start... go over what you've done recently.... 'specially wires...
Battery posts, negative ground strap to engine(just behind the clutch lever)... etc...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:30:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suddenly won't start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.