Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
brakes woes (Read 340 times)
JBK

MS
Re: brakes woes
Reply #30 - 04/25/14 at 04:16:24

Haven't had time to pull tank so pulled plug wire and hooked up extra plug and got no spark at all.  So that means what?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #31 - 04/25/14 at 06:58:24

JBK wrote on 04/25/14 at 04:16:24:
Haven't had time to pull tank so pulled plug wire and hooked up extra plug and got no spark at all.  So that means what?

When you have time to pull the tank off make sure you didn't inadvertently disconnect one of the small wires that connect to the coil while you were working on the head plug leak.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #32 - 04/25/14 at 09:45:49

oldNslow wrote on 04/25/14 at 06:58:24:
JBK wrote on 04/25/14 at 04:16:24:

When you have time to pull the tank off make sure you didn't inadvertently disconnect one of the small wires that connect to the coil while you were working on the head plug leak.

EDIT: I just looked at my bike. If you get down on your knees and look up under the left front corner of the tank you can see the coil wires without taking the tank off. Even if they are still connected it wouldn't be a bad idea to to pull them off and make sure the connectors are not loose/corroded.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 04/25/14 at 10:26:25

Oncet upon a time one of our members reported riding home, parking, got off, went in the house, came out an hour or so later & Dead Bike,, Nuthin, mang.,. The connector under the tank had vibrated loose & it Juuust got him home,,
\If youre gonna pull the tank, leave the speedo cable on the tank, be aware of the O-ring on the transmission end. IF they fall they tend to jump behind the starter, so, cover that hole first,And, before ya pull the tank, prepare a place to lay it down first & make it raised up enough so the speedo cable isnt bent too hard,
Sometimes gettin the petcock past the frame is almost impossible. Lift the rear of the tank & slap it to the side as ya lift,, Its sure liable to scratch the fram. OR, Drain the tank & pull the p[etcock,,Now is a good time to put a Raptor on.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
JBK

MS
Reply #34 - 04/25/14 at 17:07:07

Yea that would be egg all over my face.  What's the green/Orange wire? Cause I didn't have connected. Fired up immediately.  Appreciate all the help.  Learned alot.  Didn't even have to pull tank.  Just seat.  Gonna ride now. Will post pics.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #35 - 04/25/14 at 18:59:18

Quote:
Yea that would be egg all over my face

Not at all. You should be patting yourself on the back. You stuck with it and got it fixed.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #36 - 04/25/14 at 23:33:21

JBK wrote on 04/25/14 at 17:07:07:
Yea that would be egg all over my face.  What's the green/Orange wire? Cause I didn't have connected. Fired up immediately.  Appreciate all the help.  Learned alot.  Didn't even have to pull tank.  Just seat.  Gonna ride now. Will post pics.

The devil is in the details, especially when it comes to wrenching on your own stuff.   Wink  Glad you found the problem!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #37 - 04/26/14 at 04:17:57

If you are gonna' be taking your bike apart....you need to know where this is:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

It shows the green/orange wire is the pickup coil for the ignitor.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:35:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › brakes woes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.