Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So I was hunting a gremlin in the wiring and.... (Read 91 times)
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
So I was hunting a gremlin in the wiring and....
04/14/14 at 15:39:24

Yeah so i took my bike completely apart. Im going to refinish it along with Versy's tins. Figured I'd just do everything at once. B4 i strip and blast the frame i wanna weld on two pieces of pipe (right where the diamond-plate that used to hold my singles is).
This serves two purposes:
1.) I'll be able to bend a piece of pipe whose od is slightly less than the id of the pipes (or the other way maybe), wrap the piece in leather and slide in/or over the tubes i welded on, and bolt it down. Something to brace me bum against.

2.) Also b able to make a longer assembly with a back brace and seat for me sweethearts bum.

The problem is I have no idea what height or at what angle to weld these pipes on at.

2014-04-14_15-03-23_44.jpg

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: So I was hunting a gremlin in the wiring and..
Reply #1 - 04/15/14 at 10:08:55

When Im faced with something like that I mock it up. If I was welding a pipe to a pie Id want to slip a sleeve inside both ends to overlap the joint. Lots safer & stronger & no one will even know theres a slug inside. Just tack it so it stays across the joint. Anyway,, get the pipe to slip inside & get some fat wire & maybe a piece of broomstick or dowel of some sort. Set the inner tubing in place, then plug it & drill the plug to hold the wire youre gonna use to build your mock up. I have a large collection of wire tripods that were used to hang wreaths on at funerals. Its not hard wire, bends okay but its stout enough to not deflect much under its own weight.
Scrounging is fun, take your time, enjoy the hunt,,You can try clothes hanger wire,, Just hafta get it straight before ya go tryin to make a shape..

You can Mock it up or you can Fock it up,, Ive done it both ways,,

When setting the plug in the sleeve, dont drill all the way thru it, leave it solid so the wire cant slip down too far & leave enough dowel poking up to be able to pull it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Re: So I was hunting a gremlin in the wiring and..
Reply #2 - 04/15/14 at 22:57:14

Oh, i gotcha. took me a minute to fully understand.

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:20:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So I was hunting a gremlin in the wiring and....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.