Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Well dern....
Reply #15 - 04/17/14 at 09:10:17

WD wrote on 04/15/14 at 17:51:27:
In all seriousness, if you like Triumphs, come on up. Plus you need to sit the 03 Slopoki with its new today bars and grips... put a set of Italian made grips on it, and a take off late model FL touring handlebar. It's like a whole other bike, more 1958 DuoGlide than 70s Sportster.

Just out of curiosity, how long since you drained the puke tube under the airbox? Had probably the better part of a cup of oil come out of there... really clean, really thin oil at that. Trying to get a baseline for this bike's oil consumption. No two Savages are alike, the 98 didn't use any at all, and the oil only got changed once a year or so.

ACKKKK

Probably last Sept or so. Check that oil is polluted with gas!!! I might have forgotten (since i didnt ride it, wife did) to close the petcock. Now that its a Raptor.. I worry all the time about gas getting in the crankcase. I think it did do that once,,and I drained it before riding it. But I had not checked this year.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 04/17/14 at 09:53:52

IF there was any fuel in the crankcase, the first oil change got rid of it. Going to pull the drain plug for the airbox again and see how it looks.  Switched it back to 15W40 after one day on T6.

Got soaked with fuel last night. Fueled up, kept the level low, stood the bike upright and, you guessed it, overflowed...  Forgot how hard it leans over with taller rear shocks and a stock kickstand...  Grin And of course, last night was COLD. Beautiful day, bitter cold riding home after 11 pm.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 04/17/14 at 12:32:47

WD wrote on 04/17/14 at 09:53:52:
Got soaked with fuel last night. Fueled up, kept the level low, stood the bike upright and, you guessed it, overflowed...  

I hear rumors that Serowbot SmileyTM is trying to stop smoking......wonder if the fuel thing has anything to do with it?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 04/17/14 at 13:17:33

Naw, it's because when that big white helmet fills up with smoke... people recognize him...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:23:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Well dern....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.