Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gas (Read 76 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Gas
04/13/14 at 23:01:59

Gas is getting expensive again.  $3.50 a gallon just down the road from where I live.  I'm waiting for the day when $5 a gallon is just how it is. Huh

ch_gaschart.gif

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Gas
Reply #1 - 04/13/14 at 23:32:48

I heard it's goin' cheaper...
You must be watchin' the wrong TV show...
Grin...

I think they should go ahead and raise the price of gas to $5.00 pg,.. and put that money to fixin' roads and infrastructure... then, we can put the correct psi in our tires and save our suspension parts...
Estimates here in Tuscon are, bad roads are costing up to $750 a year in repairs...
My car sounds a coffee can full of marbles rollin' down a giant cheese grater...
I don't choose my route for speed or shortest distance anymore... I choose the route that won't loosen another filling... (I even pick lanes that way)...

We don't need cheaper gas... we need better roads, so we don't need 4x4's on the pavement...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgghh!.... Grin....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #2 - 04/13/14 at 23:32:55

Boo Hoo   :'( . I just filled my Enfield GT at 1.60/litre. I think your price works out at about 91c/litre. Lucky it's giving me 80MPG.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 04/14/14 at 03:01:50

You don't know how lucky you are pgambr. I would think a US gallon would workout at about US$8.52 here.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 04/14/14 at 05:35:59

Quote:
I think they should go ahead and raise the price of gas to $5.00 pg,.. and put that money to fixin' roads and infrastructure... then, we can put the correct psi in our tires and save our suspension parts...

That was a significant factor in my decision making process when I bought my KLR last year.  People ask me do you go off roading a lot, and I say something like it is not a lot of fun going for a long ride on these roads.  The riding position is a lot easier on the back as well.  

To the gents over seas; apologies, I do not envy you when you pull up to the pump.    

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #5 - 04/14/14 at 05:39:12

It's ok, we don't blame you  Wink.
On the other side of the coin, the roads in Australia are in pretty good shape overall, and when I visit NZ I am in awe of the road condition. Those guys really seem to know how to make a road.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 04/14/14 at 07:23:41

I think the ships used so much fuel running around looking for that missing plane.......there is a fuel shortage!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 04/14/14 at 10:57:21

fuel oil prices should reflect barrel prices... we are getting screwed...
since when does raising the price help consumers, give me a break

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/14/14 at 11:54:53

The futures market sets the pump price. There are more "paper" barrels of oil traded daily than real ones.,.The investors who look at the troubles the Dollar has ( note the DOW drop & the production numbers the big corps are putting out, FAR below projections) & our debts & the foreign policies, etc & BET that oil will cost More Dollars "tomorrow" than "Yesterday" creates upward pressures on the oil price.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:18:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.