Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Samson Exhaust Info (Read 69 times)
jgrandmont
YaBB Newbies

Buzzards Bay, MA
Samson Exhaust Info
04/13/14 at 17:28:11

Ok, so I know many using this site are happy after swapping the stock exhaust for an HD Dyna. While searching eBay for a Dyna, I came across some exhausts that appear to be made by Samson. They are advertised as being replacements for Dynas and appear to have a similar, though slightly different (to my eye), rail mount system. The Samson literature says they have a "free-flowing baffle for preferred sound and performance". Does anybody know anything about these?

_58.jpg

'09 Suzuki Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Samson Exhaust Info
Reply #1 - 04/13/14 at 23:04:19

There are a ton of mufflers... all touting that they are the best...(why would anyone consider one that claimed it was so-so?)...
I have no experience with Samson... (that in itself says something)...

If you want to,...
Try spending $200+ to beat a $20 Harley take-off...
If you're lucky, it won't blue in 10 minutes... or blow out in 2 weeks... and if it's really well designed, you might gain 1/4hp over a Dyna......(that's $800 per HP)...(for the cost of 10hp you could buy a Hayabusa)...

In a 30hp Savage...the most you can hope for from a muffler is 2 or 3hp...(not really... that would realistically include a k/n filter and rejet)...
... and you absolutely will not find a better quality muffler than a stock Harley take-off, which will give a noticeable hp gain...
...for just couple of sawbucks?... Huh...

If you have $200 burning a hole in yer' pocket,.. give $180 to St.Judes to help a child with cancer,... and then buy a good Harley take-off muffler...

We don't recommend it because it's only muffler we ever seen or tried... (It's pretty darn good)...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/14/14 at 04:05:28

"free-flowing baffle for preferred sound and performance"

Sounds like a nice way of saying LOUD IMHO   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
jgrandmont
YaBB Newbies

Buzzards Bay, MA
Reply #3 - 04/14/14 at 04:32:35

Yeah, ToesNose, that's what I suspected regarding the sound. And, Serowbot, they're listed on eBay for only $45. I do understand the rationale for going with an HD, which I'll probably end up doing. I just liked the looks of the Samsons and wondered if anyone was familiar with them. Thanks, guys!

« Last Edit: 04/14/14 at 18:36:24 by jgrandmont »  

'09 Suzuki Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:28:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Samson Exhaust Info

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.