Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Progressive......A date with Flo? (Read 148 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Progressive......A date with Flo?
04/07/14 at 05:24:34

A couple of weeks ago I added my new/used Honda to my existing policy.  My Savage iinsuarence was reasonable and with a $ 1,000 decuctible the Collision on my Savage was only $ 24 a year...total cost was $ 300 a year to cover the Savage of which about $ 100 a year was uninsured and underinsured coverage.  When I added the Honda my insurance company wanted more than $ 300 a year to insure the Honda just for collision.  My total insurance cast for 2 used bikes went up to $ 1,009 a year.  There was no discount of having mutliple bikes....of which I can only ride one at a time.

I called a friend that has mulitple bikes and he uses Progressive.  He had a claim last fall when a girl turned left in front of him...and he said Progressive was fine to deal with.  The coveragel he had for "accessories" did pay for damage to his riding gear - but they did pro-rate the riding gear and not pay a full replacement cost.

I did switch my motorycle coverage over to Progressive and the rate dropped to $ 491 a year with Progressive....and that includes a $ 3,000 accessory coverage on each bike that can pay for riding gear, custom paint, luggage or accessories.

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about Progressive?  I am going to look at switching my car insurance as well......unless there is a list of bad experiences from you folks.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Progressive......A date with Flo?
Reply #1 - 04/07/14 at 06:18:01

No real problems, been using them for years.

Insurance sure has gotten expensive though, out in WA full coverage on my modified 1998 Savage was only $86/yr...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/07/14 at 07:21:42

Their coverage/service/pricing? No complaints
Their tracking devices to monitor & "reward" drivers? I hate it.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 04/07/14 at 10:24:25

Justin, tomorrow comes in jest 24 hours.  

R U E?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 04/07/14 at 10:28:59

I dunno whut E is,, I MITE be E,, but, I mite not be E,,
If youre askin if Ive loaded the drive, I must admit, I havent,, Ill be in touch with YOU or at least have your number before I take that step.. How hard is it? Im Skeert!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 04/07/14 at 12:28:08

Been using them for years as well, no problem.

I thought rue was stuff the cajuns put in gumbo?   Huh

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 04/07/14 at 13:06:08

...and is Flo hot or what?...  Kiss...

Huh...

I've had Progressive for about 6 years, and every year, my policy goes down about $10...
I'm keepin' it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 04/07/14 at 13:19:33

Every time I have called to add a bike (had 5 at one time) I always got the Multi-bike discount, the more I added the less my payments got.  However.... I did start with the Harley, then added the smaller CC bikes, but still got the multi discount and they kept pointing that out.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/07/14 at 15:54:09

I cant tolerate Flo or her voice. I dodge those commercials with every ounce of energy I have, & the ones with that Gecko make me wanna toss a brick thru the TV screen,, especially the dramatic one, where he falls to his knees whining,, OHH Mu Gawd,, just shoot me!

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/07/14 at 17:24:50

I do not mind the Flo commercials but I agree that Gecko and his commercials wants me to rip his head off and take a crap down his neck!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 04/07/14 at 17:43:40

I just checked the car insurance.......and it would save us another $ 400 a year.  Maybe more with the snapshot thingy!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/07/14 at 18:26:43

I thought my rates were high and was in the process of switching over, one bike at a time, and my insurance agent got a little concerned and managed to get my old company to lower their rates to the point that they beat Progressive.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #12 - 04/08/14 at 07:56:10

Dave - when I purchased my new bike in 2012 I went with Progressive   $202/year for full coverage    My first choice of new bikes was the Kawasaki Versys 650(which my agent said would add $54/month($648/year) to my existing bill)   As a 50 year-old with a spotless record who had just completed a motorcycle safety course    I was shocked    I then said that I would just get 6 months worth of coverage each year(warm weather riding season for me)    To this my agent said "you have to get a full year - all motorcycle insurance works this way"    Hell, I can only get 6 months worth of auto insurance at a time  - what a racket      My actual first choice was a Suzuki DR650   excessive seat height ended that    Of course Washington state does not require motorcycle insurance !

IP Logged
ls650v

97 savage

Clinton Twp, MI
Reply #13 - 04/08/14 at 08:57:36

Doug,
You pay for the full year at the beginning of the riding season and then cancel the policy at the end of the riding season.  You will get a refund for the unused portion of the policy.  I do this every year with Progressive.  Just tell them you are putting the bike in storage.  Michigan has the highest insurance rates in the nation, there is no way I am paying for insurance on a vehicle I am not using.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 04/08/14 at 09:24:41

In the 70's I lived in Ohio, and I had Allstate Insurance.  When riding season was over I called my insurance agent and put my liability and collision portion of the insurance in "suspension"....and they would even send me a red tag to tie to my steering wheel or handlebars as a reminder the insurance was not in effect.  The fire and theft portion would stay in effect, and all was well with the world and it made sense.....

Fast forward to Kentucky having madatory insurance, and you no longer can place your insurance on "hold".  You can only cancel the policy or take that particular vehicle off the policy - and you are required to turn in your registration and license plates if you don't have that vehicle insured.  Supposedly the rates take into account that there will be reduced (or no) riding in the off season.....and you are just supposed to keep the coverage year round.

The really ironic part of all this is that Insurance Coverage is mandatory and unless you have proof of insurance your vehicle license will not be issue.  However.....I have to pay for Uninsured Motorist and Underinsured Motorist Coverage!  And almost every day you either see on the news (or hear from a neighbor) about an accident with someone who does not have insurance!  (Ooops.....almost got this moved to the Political Section). 

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:18:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Progressive......A date with Flo?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.