Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
be careful out there... (Read 101 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
be careful out there...
04/06/14 at 16:27:00

WWW   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: be careful out there...
Reply #1 - 04/06/14 at 16:38:31

Yeah, they get you from all directions. I try to keep an eye on the rear view to see if someone is coming up too fast on me.  I've been rear ended at intersections at a dead stop in cars twice.  Angry

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 04/06/14 at 18:42:09

If they don't see a cop on a hog,... there's no hope for us mortals...

We_are_INVISIBLE...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/06/14 at 20:02:40

Well,, Im not happy he got hurt, BUT,, He didnt
Leave himself an OUT
Watch his mirrors

He forgot he is a mortal & drivers rear end CARS at red lites... so, a bike is truly INVisible,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 04/06/14 at 21:21:58

S-P wrote on 04/06/14 at 16:38:31:
Yeah, they get you from all directions. I try to keep an eye on the rear view to see if someone is coming up too fast on me.  I've been rear ended at intersections at a dead stop in cars twice.  Angry
Four times.  At a red light in Athens Greece in '67, stopped on an on ramp in L.A. in '73, stop light in Wilmington in '87,  and at a red light just after getting of the freeway in my company van in '06 as I watched a school bus not stop.  Which is why I watch 360 degrees all the time.

WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/06/14 at 23:49:30

At red lights I have got into the habit of staying back from the car in front of me maybe 10 ft and angling my bike to the right or left, which ever gives me the best escape route and I never take my eyes of my rear view mirror. I always have my bike in gear and the clutch in so if a car looks like he is going to cream me, I take the escape route. I saw a motorcyclist get hit from behind when I was a teenager and the hit killed him. I have taken that escape route several times when the car finally did stop behind me but it was questionable  if he was going to. Better to look a bit foolish than to be squashed between cars.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 04/07/14 at 04:24:50

stinger wrote on 04/06/14 at 23:49:30:
At red lights I have got into the habit of staying back from the car in front of me maybe 10 ft and angling my bike to the right or left, which ever gives me the best escape route and I never take my eyes of my rear view mirror. I always have my bike in gear and the clutch in so if a car looks like he is going to cream me, I take the escape route. I saw a motorcyclist get hit from behind when I was a teenager and the hit killed him. I have taken that escape route several times when the car finally did stop behind me but it was questionable  if he was going to. Better to look a bit foolish than to be squashed between cars.

This is exactly what "Proficient Motorcycling" suggests. If you do get rear ended you are pushed to the side of the car in front, not into the back of it.
Shameless plug: If you haven't read "Proficient Motorcycling" you definitely should. Reading it and some practicing of what it suggests has saved my bacon a couple of times.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 04/09/14 at 17:59:59

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:26:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › be careful out there...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.