gear slippage (Read 37 times)
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
gear slippage
04/06/14 at 13:22:16

Whats up again folks
My bike has been running great I finally got it all worked out I live in a warm climate so I swapped out my oil with 20w-50 and I could tell a major difference right away it made things may more normal. So I know I did the right thing there. This bike is fairly new to me so I'm not sure of the history. Anyway I added Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle oil it says superior wet clutch protection. I noticed though that I can pull the clutch all the way in and it doesn't engage until the lever is about half way so perhaps I have it adjusted to tight???? Whats happening is I notice when I get into 3rd 4th and even 5th if I give it open throttle to go it will start to slip other wise I am forced to ease the throttle in order for it to go rather than slip. I haven't tried adjusting the clutch yet and loosening to the point that the lever is just tight enough to stay in place.
The gears feel so easy to shift it's almost like I cant even tell if it shifted or not, its the complete opposite of hard to shift. Any ideas??

The oil is SAE and JASO MA API SF/SG/SJ.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: gear slippage
Reply #1 - 04/06/14 at 13:39:11

Lever should be loose... about an eight inch gap
check for cable binding by turning the bars from side to side.

WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Re: gear slippage
Reply #2 - 04/06/14 at 14:27:53

You got it once again my brothers. I loosened it up and took her out and badda boom badda bing the power of these little things is just amazing I love it!!! Grin

Thanks again guys were gettin there

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 10:46:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gear slippage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.