Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Meye spel chekker's not woorking in lynux... (Read 69 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Meye spel chekker's not woorking in lynux...
04/03/14 at 11:35:42

No problum...  I kan jest do witout... Huh...

Edit... Never mind,  I fixed it... Had to install a dictionary into Firefox...
Tongue...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Meye spel chekker's not woorking in lynux...
Reply #1 - 04/04/14 at 11:59:23

Serowbot wrote on 04/03/14 at 11:35:42:
No problum...  I kan jest do witout... Huh...

Looks good to me!!  Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/05/14 at 17:43:50

Yep, once you got your language pack loaded in Firefox spell check seems to work just dandy, even on old school boards like YABB.

Chrome browser seems to load the spell check pack OK automatically.

=====================

Firefox seems to have hit some "stretched resources" and "missing people" issues of late and some people are quitting the free supporter base structure because of silly shite.  

The head dude was forced to resign because he exercised his free speech rights and donated $1,000 of his own money to Proposition 8 in California.   This is against gay marriage and all sorts of grief landed on his head from the gay community who began some serious Mozilla bashing in retaliation.  

http://liliputing.com/2014/04/lilbits-4-03-2014-mozilla-ceo-brendan-eich-resi...

So, the man who invented JavaScript ain't there any more to carry on his many bold Firefox phone initiatives.  Look to see a re-think take place on Firefox's commitments and future paths.

Look to see even more Mozillians quit for various reasons due to the directional rethinks.

=====================

I keep Chrome around as a secondary browser using the same preferences HTML list because Chrome sometimes has a better play on certain web sites.  

If Firefox truly falters, then having an alternate browser you like might not be a bad ideal.   Firefox really operates as a FOSS organization, and if enough folks get frustrated and quit, there ain't no help for it.

Firefox is over-extended right now, and something has to be abandoned to get the peanut butter to spread to cover the bread.

Right now I think the time between revisions should go way up, and the revisions themselves should be more stable and more complete when they go out.

Next, if Firefox really sees the PC as becoming secondary in computing, they should pick accordingly on where they put their focus.   Otherwise, keeping on releasing fast release poorly executed Firefox PC versions will very quickly make that choice for them.

Drop way back on the frequency, make each version polished and perfect like you used to.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 04/05/14 at 18:18:15

Quote:
users of Mozilla’s Firefox web browser complained that Eich’s personal views were at odds with Mozilla’s mission of openness

Sheesh! openness in this case meaning don't disagree with our particular PC view of the world.

I guess nothing/no place, is immune from political asininity. Roll Eyes

I'll keep using Firefox till hell freezes over just to piss these morons off. And because I like it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 04/05/14 at 23:40:27

'puter politics... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:38:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Meye spel chekker's not woorking in lynux...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.