Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battery Cable Gauge Size (Read 72 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Battery Cable Gauge Size
04/02/14 at 13:03:45

I'm moving my battery to the muffler bracket,  have everything set,  but I need about 25-30 inches with auxiliary cable battery cable and I cant find anywhere to get any this length.   Also,  I called the battery maker  (Earth X)  and they said for the ETX12A I would need 12 gauge rated at 150 Celsius.   Now I'm thinking I should probably go with a 8 or 10 gauge just to be safe,  but I can not find anywhere a cable this long that isn't just cable.   I'm hoping to find a already fabricated cable.   Now I should clarify the positive cable needs to be that length,  the negative literally hooks straight out of the box and really I could just use my stock cable,  though I'd prefer to have two new cables,  unless that really doesn't matter.   Also,  I'm curious,  what gauge is our stock cables?

Please help I really want to finish my mod already!

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Re: Battery Cable Gauge Size
Reply #1 - 04/02/14 at 13:54:20

You may not need to extend your cables. I was able to reposition my solenoid so that the cables could reach. You might consider this option as it is easier.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/02/14 at 16:26:23

HondaLavis wrote on 04/02/14 at 13:54:20:
You may not need to extend your cables. I was able to reposition my solenoid so that the cables could reach. You might consider this option as it is easier.

Actually I was considering mounting the solenoid on top of my new battery box...  Though I just went to NAPA and got battery cables custom cut and made...  I think before I do anything I'll put the solenoid on the box and see how it looks.

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/03/14 at 19:34:43

So I finished the wiring, used 8 gauge with 12 gauge auxiliary, then for all the splicing to make everything tidy I meant to use some 18 gauge, but just used the 12 gauge on that too.  Bike fires right up and no issues with any of the electronics.  None yet at least.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:26:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Cable Gauge Size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.