Send Topic Print
Matching Paint (Read 35 times)
bmwnunkie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Matching Paint
03/31/14 at 23:30:31

I am a bit confused ( not unusual )... I am trying to get a colour code for the current paint ( stock colour I think ) for my UK, 1997 Savage ( LS 650 ). When I look up the code on colorite they show only two, neither of which are mine ( it shows a pearl black and an orange ). I am guessing that these colours are right for the US market at that time but not for the UK market. Anyway... is there an easy way of finding out the colour code for the current colour on my machine? It seems to be a maroon metallic colour. I only want to match it as I want to touch up the bad areas.

I am guessing that the colour may be Candy Academy Maroon but this is shown as 1996 on colourite. It could be that the UK colours were out of step with the US colours by a year maybe ?

Any pointers ?

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Matching Paint
Reply #1 - 04/01/14 at 00:29:45

Well, then maybe you do have a 97 or a late 96. Whatever it is Im sure this is the color for your bike.

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Matching Paint
Reply #2 - 04/01/14 at 01:06:01

Check the plate on the upper right of the frame, this should show the year of manufacture. My 2010 S40, NZ  registered new, was actually made in 2008 and according to the Color Right chart sports a 2009 paint job

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:24:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Matching Paint

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.