Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Da Plaaane, Boss,, da PLaane! (Read 116 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Da Plaaane, Boss,, da PLaane!
03/30/14 at 12:09:35

They ever gonna find that thing? You know, those biggo planes arent all aluminum,, theres a good bit of composite on them. I think even some of the fuselage is composite.. IF it hit the water, Id expect a BUNCH of those "flotation devices" people sit on would be floating around..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Da Plaaane, Boss,, da PLaane!
Reply #1 - 03/30/14 at 13:15:56

the shell is almost entirely aluminum.
composites currently are only used on control surfaces.

WWW   IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #2 - 03/30/14 at 13:35:09

There probably are a lot of small items still floating around, but after so much time, storms, currents, and low visibility I doubt they will find much if anything at all.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 03/30/14 at 21:00:45

But Google can take pics of the trail around my house?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/30/14 at 22:32:49

JOG,.. Google drove by your house,.. mine too...
Nobody's driving by a spot 1500 miles from anywhere...

I read somewhere,.. that 80 some commercial planes have vanished since WWII...
The world is a very big place, when it comes to the human eyeball...

A needle in a haystack is a bad analogy... more like a needle in a 10,000 acre farm filled with haystacks...
And once the locating signal stops... it becomes a 3 mile deep haystack..

Hardly more than a dingy on the Titanic...
So very likely lost...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/30/14 at 22:53:58

No, Row, I can look DOWN at a trail that runs around my house.. Those are satellite pics.. Yes, thers a street view, but that aint all,..,

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 03/30/14 at 23:52:11

yep, I can see a trash can in my back yard... of course I have ta know what it is.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 03/31/14 at 07:56:44

Am I to believe Googles satelites are as good or better than anyone elses?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 03/31/14 at 09:44:39

verslagen1 wrote on 03/30/14 at 23:52:11:
yep, I can see a trash can in my back yard... of course I have ta know what it is.

Yep.....I think that is the issue.  You know where to look to find the trash can.

I am sure the various countries have satellites that read license plates - but trying to scan the thousands of square miles of ocean, to see wreckage pieces the size of a seat cushion, suitcase.....or even a wing....is a huge task.  I don't know if the satellites work in real time or have any recording ability....or if they scan everywhere all the time.  The Google maps are dated, and chances are they weren't focused on that area of the world when the plane was flying.  We get so spoiled by technology these days......that we come to expect it can do everything.

This may be one of those Amelia Earhart moments....where our technology is just not able to find a plane that has dissapeared in a remote area.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #9 - 04/01/14 at 21:33:19

Maybe some have known all along where Da Plaaane went ?  Maybe not to some Fantasy Island, but still know where it went.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #10 - 04/03/14 at 01:35:53

For open seas, GoogleMaps use a "wave" pattern to simulate water.

Those are NOT real pictures of real water.

Evidence ? You'll find ships photographed half a mile out at sea, not a single ship photographed in the middle of the ocean.

Same thing applies to the Polar Ice caps and to the vast forest expanses in Siberia, South America and Africa, not to mention some desert spaces such as the Gobi or the Ténerè.

GoogleMaps satellites... imho do not exist, they BUY photo imagery once in a while. So it's antieconomic and absolutely pointlòess to buy photoimagery of
"waterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwate
rwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwate
rwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwate
rwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwater" ... when it's so expensive.

Actually, even land imagery is updated only once in a long while.
My car is pictured sitting in the same spot for years, even though I haven't parked it there ... for years.

If you tour the Alps, you'll get a laugh when you cross national borders, it may be cloudy and snowy in Austria (2-week old pics) and sunny and sumemry in Italy (6-month old pics)  Grin

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #11 - 04/03/14 at 09:33:25

Much as I can figure, Google maps updates once every 4-5 years.. as my truck was parked at my old address in florida when I was in Illinois. When we moved back to florida 4 years later... my truck was parked at our new address.
I will do an experiment.... we had houses just built next door from nov 2013 thru feb 2014, i'll keep looking on google maps for them for the next few years and find out...
Mother in law passed last year this time.... her car is still parked under the tree in the front yard.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 04/03/14 at 09:49:59

Well, if you're thinking you can just log on to google maps and find this plane, you are sadly lacking something.

More or less, the technology is there.  But unless you request a picture of the area in question, no one's going to take it for free.  Especially not the area in question as it's a very remote, hardly traveled region.

But, it would've been fortuitous for them if at the time they were found missing to have ordered satellite pic's of the entire region on a daily basis until found.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 04/03/14 at 09:57:07

old_rider wrote on 04/03/14 at 09:33:25:
Mother in law passed last year this time.... her car is still parked under the tree in the front yard.

Brother passed away nearly 2 years ago and we sold his RV nearly 3 years ago and it's still there.

They used to take low angle shots, maybe zillow (real estate) vs. street views.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #14 - 04/03/14 at 10:08:48

Ok re-looked at google maps

Stranger still, went to the "first person view" or "street view" and the mom in laws car is gone and the three five gallon buckets of glue I used for my wood floor are outside right side of the garage.... that was last summer, and also my neighbors girl friends suv is in his drive... he started seeing her last summer...

So the overhead views are really old vrs the street view from last year.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:29:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Da Plaaane, Boss,, da PLaane!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.