Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
got to go see mom s40 style (Read 221 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: got to go see mom s40 style
Reply #15 - 04/13/14 at 08:18:23

Shorty:

Glad you had a successful trip and visit with mom.  Not sure about the Trouper....you would think as long as you were riding slow and careful he would have understood what was going on.  A few weeks ago a woman friend of mine was given a ticket by a trouper who was parked about half on/off the road and all the cars going past had to go into the other lane to get around him...he had been sitting there for a long time with his blue lights on.....she was in about a 3 minute line of traffic waiting for their chance to go around him.  As she tried to go around him he suddenly pulled out without a signal and there was a truck coming toward her....she had a split second to decide what to do and she hit the gas to get by him and  back in her lane.  The Trouper pulled her over and then wrote her a ticket for failure to yield to him.  Luckily she went to court and they threw it out as she has been driving 30 years without a single ticket.  Most Troupers are fine....this guy was just not justified in giving her a ticket for his mistake to signal that he was done sitting and ready to pull out in front of her.

I did my first long ride yesterday.  I left the house at 5:20 AM and rode with only 2 quick gas stops until 10:30, and then on the way home we too back roads and rode from noon until about 6 with only about 3 stops and I went about 560 miles total.....my but sure was tired near the end of the day!

Now you have the confidence in your bike to take it on long trips! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #16 - 04/13/14 at 12:40:39

yes, my summer trip will be to NC where my Harley buddy lives, I try and get up to see him every summer (20hr round-trip)

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #17 - 04/13/14 at 16:01:42

Glad to hear you made it there and back. I hope you had a good trip. Bet you were tired and probably a little sore after being crunched up on the savage for that long.

Did you do anything to the seat or just ride the stock seat?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #18 - 04/13/14 at 17:15:46

stock seat Steve, I get tired but nut too crunched up because I'm "shorty"  Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 04/13/14 at 18:24:07

shorty wrote on 04/13/14 at 17:15:46:
stock seat Steve, I get tired but nut too crunched up because I'm "shorty"  Grin

I was afraid to ask.......... Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #20 - 04/13/14 at 18:26:57

When is that summer trip Shorty?  Is it around june 17-25th??  Thats when we are getting together up there (ten., NC) .

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #21 - 04/13/14 at 20:50:26

shorty wrote on 04/13/14 at 07:57:19:
back from mom's (16hrs round-trip)..
I slowly rode around and between cars to get to the exit, a trooper saw me and tried to exit but was jammed up in traffic.

Glad you made it there and back. In California bikes can ride between cars on the freeway. I've driven in that traffic in a car and watched bikers do that and it freaked me out, especially the way people change lanes.

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #22 - 04/14/14 at 04:08:17

old_rider wrote on 04/13/14 at 18:26:57:
When is that summer trip Shorty?  Is it around june 17-25th??  Thats when we are getting together up there (ten., NC) .

that's the right time..... interested

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 04/15/14 at 10:52:48

Jump up to the dragon trip 2014 link, maybe you and your friend could meet up with us somewhere...that would be great.
I like it when I get to put faces with names... course I don't have a great memory, but takin' pictures and putting names to it helps.... LOL

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1375308431/345#345

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:37:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › got to go see mom s40 style

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.