Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need your help again starting issue (SOLVED) (Read 278 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Need your help again starting issue
Reply #15 - 03/31/14 at 06:34:26

Quote:
just cleaned the negative terminal on the engine and tightened it to much no it sheered off I had to move the ground to a new spot on the engine.

Try relocating the ground wire. Make sure where ever you put it is nice and clean - no paint etc. between the eyelet on the wire and whatever it's touching. Same for the bolt. Clean and shiny.

Drop to 5-6V when the starter tries to is too much I think. You might have a bad battery.

I'd try jumping from another battery - even a car battery as long as the car's not running - before I went any farther.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/31/14 at 09:23:37

wickedbiker wrote on 03/31/14 at 06:16:32:
OK with the battery in the bike voltage no key is 13. Something pretty much the same with the key on might 12- 13 push the starter the quickly goes to 9 then right to 5-6.

Take the battery out & haul it to be tested. Dont waste any more time on a ground. If you can move enough electrons to suck the battery down that fast, the connections are okay. I think your battery is junk.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Re: Need your help again starting issue (SOLVED)
Reply #17 - 03/31/14 at 09:36:07

I have been thinking bad battery as well after seeing a few other threads with exactly the same issues. I have another battery I'm charging to try if that doesn't work I'll go to the local auto store and have em bench test it.

UPDATE: (RESOLVED) Once again you all were right it was a bad factory brand new battery. I swear someone or something does not want me riding this bike. I went to Walmart and they confirmed it.

Now I have 3 bad bike batteries and I need to wait either for a refund or a new battery to be mailed out.. I'll let you know when shes up and running again

« Last Edit: 04/01/14 at 13:55:53 by wickedbiker »  
WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Re: Need your help again starting issue (SOLVED)
Reply #18 - 04/02/14 at 06:30:04

Well everything is perfect now, I got a new battery and I'm up and running thanks to all of you and I also wanted to add
For those of you who said the stereo probably wouldnt work on the bike. I had this system on an old 74 honda cb750 chopper with old ass components and it never had a problem with the battery.
Also I took my volt meter and checked it with the stereo running as loud as it could full blast (Which is loud as hell by the way) and the volts never dropped between 350 and 360 I watched it for about 15 minutes and that was at idle so I'm sure with the engine reeving and riding it will be just fine Wink

WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #19 - 04/04/14 at 06:53:11

wickedbiker wrote on 03/25/14 at 11:53:10:
shorty wrote on 03/25/14 at 11:14:18:
I bought a battery maintainer that looks a lot like yours and it doesn't bring the battery to full voltage, fails to start my savage too..

I had to use a REGULAR auto battery charger and set it to 2 amps

Cool I'll give it a shot bro!!  Huh

UPDATE! You were right on the money that charger is nuts!! I used my car charger at 12 volts and 2 amps waited about 3-4 hours and the bike started right up my brother You are a life saver like everyone else who has helped me thus far. As soon as my wife gets home I'm goin riden. OH! YEA! I ordered another more simple charger off ebay and its in FL like me so it should be here soon. my wife and I have to have some good ole classic rock when we ride man so the stereo stays but its on the key so it shouldnt get left on again. I hope it won't cause me issues later with the charging system and if you think it will what can I do to have it work out? I'll post a picture of the 100watt pyle system I have below. BTW it rocks I'll make a video for you guys later

http://www.amazon.com/PLMCA20-Motorcycle-Snowmobile-handle-bar-Weatherproof/d...

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/PLMCA20_la...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been riding with my stereo and so far so good no battery problems at all and as I stated before it has been maintaining a 13.50-13.60 on a volt meter while running with the stereo on for quite a while.
I don't know if it is this particular stereo or what but don't worry about it killing your batteries if you were ever thinking about getting tunes for your bike and they don't look bad either heres some picks.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:31:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need your help again starting issue (SOLVED)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.