Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which aftermath turn signals to get. (Read 59 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Which aftermath turn signals to get.
03/24/14 at 19:27:24

I previously posted about my bike electrical going out and was help in that matter,  but I posted a question as to why the rear of the bike has two cables but the front has three.   I was told the front has the third cable for the always running lights,  in addition to the turn signal function.  Currently I'm trying to find a pair of mini bullet turn signals for both front and back,  such as those you can get on eBay for $30-$40 but they are all two wire sets and if I want to have the included run at half strength function,  I have to buy another bit of wiring with some sort of computer in it to make this all possible.   One thing I didn't realize until recently was the rear turn signals didn't have a running function (obviously flew over my head that large detail) but I want them to for safety sake.   So I'm hoping anyone here might be able to point me in the right direction or a direct link to turn signals that are not Kurykan prices but are the mini bullet turn signal style,  not so bulky like our stock ones and that mount nearly flush,  right up against the mount.   I can't stand the 1-2 inch extension our lights have from where they are mounted.   I've had to replace three lights to date because of,  well two reasons.   First being they are made from cheap plastic which given the fact that replacing them with a direct OEM costs at least $80 (though I have found identical ones made by K&S for about $45),  and what is even more upsetting about this is that the mini bullet replacement ones I've been looking at which all go for about $20 each are made of solid metal,  so clearly much better durability...   Secondly is as previously mentioned,  how far out our lights extend.   These plastic lights are snapping like twigs with a simply brush by while I'm working on my bike or something to that effect. I understand that given the rear lights only being wired for two cables means I'll probably have to purchase a running function capacitor or w/e it's called,  but I'd like if possible the front lights to be a simple cutting off the wires and connecting then into the existing male / female plugs we already have,  and I want to ( obviously have them be the same brand so they match.   I was previously thinking of doing an LED strip for my turn signals and the rear altogether but have been told of the negatives that could result in so I think this is the best route to pursue and outside of making the rear lights have a run function,  this should really be a pretty plug and play straight forward modification.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Which aftermath turn signals to get.
Reply #1 - 03/24/14 at 22:19:34

Check local laws... in most of the US, rear running lights must be red...
Turn signals are usually yellow/orange... that is illegal...

If that is not a problem... you don't need any capacitors or anything....
What you need is a dual filament socket and bulb...
Wire the ground as usual,.. and the brighter filament to the stock hot wire... then, you can take a tap off the taillight to feed both running lights...
...(or any constant hot source)..

The key,.. is having a dual filament bulb... one runs all the time, the other runs brighter for blinking...
...(you aren't dimming a bulb electronically,.. you are connecting a lower wattage filament within the bulb to a constant power source)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:30:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Which aftermath turn signals to get.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.