Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
2001 LS650 savage...work in progress (Read 1140 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: 2001 LS650 savage...work in progress
Reply #90 - 05/18/14 at 11:51:23

Ok, bought some 8 gage wire and some 10 gage ends (tighter fit) and cut them to 10" so I could reuse them for this fall when I relocate the battery.

Put some foam around the battery to keep it from bouncing around, cranks great, charges at 14.31v and stays at 13.3v after about 2 hours.
We shall see how it does....

meanwhile I am going to have to make sure I can secure a trailer (or buy one) capable of hauling two bikes. I personally would like to just ride the bikes up there, but the wife has carple tunnel or some such wrist thingie and I don't think she could handle it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #91 - 05/22/14 at 20:19:07

Ok, so yesterday I wanted to run to the gas station for a six pack (2 blocks away) and the bike started great like it has for the past week with the new battery.

Got to the store went in got the brews...tried to start, but sounded like it was flooded...shut off the gas, hit it a few times (3x) finally started, ran to the house, wrote it off as stubborn short run.

Left the gas on overnight on the raptor.... was going to run to the local pub to shoot some stick and again...would not start... acted like it was flooded, smelled a little gassy.

Got it to start and run after about five tries and twisting the throttle 3/4's turn... might try again tomorrow with full enrichment, not sure what is happening.

Haven't checked the volts on the new battery just yet...kinda hard to get to seeing as it is 1/3 the size and terminals are wayyy down inside the case.

any ideas what could be the culprit besides the battery?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #92 - 05/23/14 at 09:03:33

Was flooding..... guess leaving the gas on overnight it got past the needle valve, air filter box fueled up and gas in the oil....sigh...

Needle valve change I guess, or just maybe I will remember to shut off the GAS....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:20:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2001 LS650 savage...work in progress

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.