Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
what windsheilds are folk running on the savage? (Read 333 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: what windsheilds are folk running on the savag
Reply #15 - 03/24/14 at 08:09:12

Art Webb wrote on 03/22/14 at 23:09:01:
the memphis shades looks intersting, wonder if it'd work with the TT bars on my 07

I will add my endorsement for the Memphis Shades Slim. Used it on a 2,000 mile trip. Still air behind it and it did an admirable job keeping off the rain. Since it is fork mounted, the handlebars are not an issue.

Keep us Posted

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #16 - 03/24/14 at 11:04:00

I used two windshields, the little Flyscreen:

and the Street Shield:

(pictures from National Cycle.)

The Flyscreen blocks just enough wind to have the wind trying to shove you off the bike at 75+ mph, but with full wind in the face.

The Street Shield made the ride back I-10 from the Mojave in a 40+ mph headwind, made a 500+ mile days acceptable, cut the wind in the face but with wind in the hair.

WWW   IP Logged
schleppy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/24/14 at 11:49:23

I have a smoked factory Suzuki windshield that is in OK shape (hardware is a little crusty, shield is good) that I don't want. If someone wants it and will pay for shipping I'd rather it go to use than rot in my basement.

IP Logged
Sheriff41

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

O'ahu, HI
Reply #18 - 03/24/14 at 23:51:43

I've got the Suzuki windshield on mine and I like it.  I do get a little buffeting at highway speeds and may try adding some lowers.  I think Schleppy's offer would be a great way to try one out!  If you decide you need a larger shield then you'd only be out shipping--good deal.

IP Logged
jgrandmont
YaBB Newbies

Buzzards Bay, MA
Reply #19 - 03/26/14 at 05:17:15

I, too, use the Suzuki OEM shield and do not find it objectionable in any way. That said, however, I've never tried anything else.

'09 Suzuki Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
raverson
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/26/14 at 09:07:24

Another vote for the stock Suzuki S-40 screen. Sized just right to keep the wind blast off the chest, but short enough to see easily over the top of it. I also like that it is well made and very stable, even at highway speeds.

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #21 - 03/26/14 at 14:44:46

I enjoy the feel of moving through the open air. However, at highway speeds the force pushing into my chest area is excessive. I don't really like the looks of a windshield either. I decided to try a National Cycle Flyscreen. It moved some of the flow upward to my neck/helmet area, and does help. In reality I would like no windshield for city driving, and a bigger one for the highway. Of course your height(I'm 5-8), and the position/angle of the Flyscreen will vary the force.

IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #22 - 03/26/14 at 18:56:47

I have the Plexifairing. I commute in the rain, so it helps keep less wet. More importantly, at 50mph it keeps the raindrops from becoming hornet stingers.

The downside is that I have to wax it in the evening when I get home (with spray on wax). The wax helps keep the rain from gathering on the shield. I am looking at possibly adding a manual wiper to it.

At night, in the rain it can be problem. Riding in the dark, I once stopped at a stop sign where all the steam came up from my fins and fogged out my windshield. Because it was so dark, I didn't realized that I had been blinded until I took off and couldn't see the road, and I felt the pavement change as I ended up on the shoulder. Yikes.

The shield has developed some cracks and I'm looking for some replacement. It would be nice if it had a top that easily flipped down when I need visibility over comfort  Smiley

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #23 - 03/28/14 at 03:48:52

I'm running a Puig America III screen and it's just perfect - max wind coverage and you can see over the top.

PUIG_AMERICA_III_Universal_Screen_44105.jpeg
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #24 - 03/28/14 at 07:32:48

Last one was a Memphis Shades Demon. Works fine, looks odd the way my bike is built. http://www.memphisshades.com/universal-mount/demon

Have an older Maeir universal on the CL100 that I test fit on the Savage. Would work fine, but again, looks goofy.

I'll be ordering a small tombstone/police handlebar mounted one. Can't run a fork mounted unit in conjunction with the 7" sidemount headlight. And need a retro windshield to match the rest of the build, IF, and I mean if, I decide to junk it up with a windshield at all.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
scuba2
YaBB Newbies

Deo Patriaeque
Fidelis

NW Oregon
Reply #25 - 03/28/14 at 13:50:47

I have the Slipstreamer ss-20. Art, you responded to this back in January. I really like it. It works well.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1388779470

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:22:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › what windsheilds are folk running on the savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.