Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Should I go to Sturgis? (Read 248 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Should I go to Sturgis?
Reply #15 - 03/19/14 at 10:31:26

I have full faith that the good Lord woin't let that kinda behavor go on long.  
Could be the bunch you refered to have allready been purged .   I hope so anyway.

Doin't let the actions of the few you knew , poison all your future.   I'm with ya on Judge-ing.  The scum-suckers your refered to must have been demon posessied.   Mabby thats why the event disappeared for a while ...

So if its back ...

Lets go see if its "Reformed" or in need of a tounge lashing possibly even a exoristism of sorts.    Lets also be carefull  we doin't find what we're looking for "Just becouse we're looking for it".  

Some things Just need to be done !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 03/19/14 at 13:36:44

Mapquest tells me that my trip to Sturgis would be ...1242.54 miles, 18 hrs 58 mins.  Yikes!

That might have to be a trip I make when I retire.....or win the Lottery and retire early!

If I was a few hours away.....I would go at least once.  I have wanted to see what their dirt races and hillclimb are like.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #17 - 03/19/14 at 15:12:26

WD wrote on 03/19/14 at 09:11:00:
Funds disappearing that were earmarked for the community...

CMA members competing in the bike games on trikes, in events designed to test 2 wheeled handling skills...

Miniature video and still remote triggered cameras in the showers...

Non-CMA raffle and 50/50 drawing tickets removed from the containers...

Convicted felons on night time "roving security patrols"...

Thefts of fuel, supplies, camping gear, saddlebags, riding gear...

Motorcycles vandalized...

Supposed to be a family friendly, children welcome event. Who were the first ones to have nude (and lewd) women on their motorcycles, in the public eye? Give you 3 guesses, and it was not any of the well behaved 1%ers in attendance...

Bunch of scared little sheeple playing dress up.

Please tell you are exaggerating.   Sad

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 03/19/14 at 16:03:33

Which CMA chapter was that WD ?

And just so we are on the same page,  by CMA do you mean the Christian Motorcyclists Association ?

Were they wearing these, and ONLY these colors on the back of their vests ?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 03/20/14 at 00:10:20

Yep, them. No idea on the host chapter, that was over a decade ago.

And no, not exaggerating, the last time I went it was a horror show.

I'll stick with the "21 and Over" rallies. Lisa and I are perfectly comfortable with social nudity, and people getting frisky in the open air doesn't phase either of us as long as there are no children around.

But a rally run by a supposedly Christian group, billed as "family friendly", being anything but in reality... pass, thanks anyway.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 03/20/14 at 02:14:47

If it was CMA members behaving like that they would have been yanked from the group in a hurry.  That is not good at all and is not tolerated.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #21 - 03/20/14 at 12:37:25

Serowbot wrote on 03/17/14 at 22:45:54:
I get pissed when the checkout line at the dollar store has more than 3 people...
If I ever go to Sturgis,... it'll be in the off season...

Naaaa,... my goal is Isle O Man... in the off season...  
...(just want to stay at a bed n' breckie, eat some kippers and eggs, and do a few laps)... drink a pint, or 4... Huh...

...but,.. I'd love to see pics... Wink...

Here's an Isle of Man worth watching...  Shocked

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 03/23/14 at 20:57:57

I finally got-a-round to downloading some pictures of Daytona durning bike week.    I stayed at the ABATE campground just a little south of Daytona and we had a campfire every night ... that was the best part .   At the campground there were a couple hundred biker people and every kinda of bike you could think of and  everybody got allong great , we had campfire stuff every night , but I still doin't believe most of the stories folks were telling. (Heck I doin't even believe the ones I told)  Grin

There was company "Reps" from everything on wheels there giving away stuff with the company name on it.   At the Speedway test rides from all the manufactures were to be had if you'd stand in line long enough.    (Thousands of Bikers were there)   .   Any kinda of food you can think of ..  Took me about 5 hrs. to walk through the maze - but it was Good stuff and Good people to be around.     Yahama introduced their new 400 air-cooled single that looks a lot like a S-40 (real eye catcher)  Smiley

Here's a picture of one corner of one of the parking areas near J.P.Cycles mall.

Daytona_2014_009.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 03/23/14 at 21:10:34

More pictures

There's no helmet law in Florida , it felt kinda weard to pass a law enforestment with-out a helmet on and still "Grin" about the ride !  Roll Eyes

Daytona_2014_013.jpg

kennemarv1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

daytona beach, fl
Reply #24 - 04/05/14 at 20:14:01

I moved to Daytona last May and got a 2011 S40 this February. Riding Main Street with 100,000 (or so) other bikes is quite an experience. Lots of positive comments on being on an "old school" thumper, no negatives. Love my bike, love this town! Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 04/05/14 at 22:23:10

Ken wrote

I moved to Daytona last May and got a 2011 S40 this February. Riding Main Street with 100,000 (or so) other bikes is quite an experience. Lots of positive comments on being on an "old school" thumper, no negatives. Love my bike, love this town!  

Wish I'd know you were in the area , It would have been neat to find a S-40 in the groop !  Smiley

Mabby next year ?     Huh    perhaps some of the other too !

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #26 - 04/05/14 at 22:54:33

MMRanch wrote on 04/05/14 at 22:23:10:
Ken wrote

I moved to Daytona last May and got a 2011 S40 this February. Riding Main Street with 100,000 (or so) other bikes is quite an experience. Lots of positive comments on being on an "old school" thumper, no negatives. Love my bike, love this town!  

Wish I'd know you were in the area , It would have been neat to find a S-40 in the groop !  Smiley

Mabby next year ?     Huh    perhaps some of the other too !

Biketoberfest? Maybe?

Tell you what, put together a ride for BOTH Little Sturgis Rallies, the crappy one in Mississippi and the good adults (21 and over) only one in Kentucky if it is gong to happen this year. Let's see who decides to show up... The one in MS is only a 3 hour slow ride the back way from the house.

If BOTH Savages are roadworthy and Lisa is up for it, I'll consent to give the MS version another chance.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:23:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Should I go to Sturgis?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.