Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cantilever swing arm conversion (Read 50 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cantilever swing arm conversion
03/17/14 at 12:20:18

Among many different mods I'm in the process of,  there has been one I really want to do,  but it is far beyond my skill set.   I think I've gotten the ability to have my university's metal shop work on my bike as part of their hours needed spent in the shop and all I have to do is pay for parts.  This make the very unlikely mod which at any regular shop would cost a lot more than I've got,  a very possibly thing.   I've seen a few great posts on here where it's been done,  but would like if possible some detail as to what the best way to do this would be.   Currently I have the stock seat setup but want to do a bratstyle / cafe  look so I will probably be also making a conversion to a flat bench style seat.   I know I'll need mounting points welded on,  but where and what type of shock and how to know the best place for the right performance,  etc...   Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Cantilever swing arm conversion
Reply #1 - 03/17/14 at 12:27:14

I doubt that it is worth the effort.  The frame is probably not strong enough to handle such a conversion, and cantelever rear ends are made for long travel suspesnion....that won't then match the limited about of travel in the forks.

I am fairly straight forward about the changes I make....if the bike is not faster and better after I am done.....why bother?  It might look cool - but I betcha a RYCA style bike with 13.5" shocks will be able to outhandle any cantelever suspension that you are going to try and build......on the fly....on a chassis that was never set up for that type of suspension.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 07:02:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cantilever swing arm conversion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.