Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sweet Spring from a Winter lover (Read 41 times)
JRLeathercraft

I'm not a biker, I
just own one.

Sweet Spring from a Winter lover
03/16/14 at 18:43:55

I put my yellow bee (96 yellow savage) in the tough shed with a float charger last fall.

I pulled our out today AND BOOOOOMMMM running like a sweet machine that she is.

This is the first, and I mean first, time in Colorado that didn't demand a carb clean after a long cold winter.  I used to have a VSTAR and every spring required a bill for carb cleaner.

I bought my savage last yea in Jan. and she wasn't running and did the carb clean myself to get it putt putting and expected this to be a spring rite of passage sort of thing.

BUT, and I mean a big but, I put her in the shed in the fall running and turned off the fuel valve and let her sputter out.

Seemed to get enough fuel out of the carb this time as she is running fine this warm March day.

just and fyi -  for those of you not familiar with Colorado - yesterday I was skiing on 130% normal snow levels 90 minutes away from my house, but in Denver, IT IS SPRING BABY!

Keep the rubber side down.

Jay

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Sweet Spring from a Winter lover
Reply #1 - 03/16/14 at 18:51:41

Sounds great! I used to love being in colo. when I was stationed there, loved the skiing and tubing and camping in the summer.

Will be great for you this summer riding! good luck and good roads!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Sweet Spring from a Winter lover
Reply #2 - 03/17/14 at 05:14:15

JRLeathercraft wrote on 03/16/14 at 18:43:55:
BUT, and I mean a big but, I put her in the shed in the fall running and turned off the fuel valve and let her sputter out.

Seemed to get enough fuel out of the carb this time as she is running fine this warm March day.

The carb does have a drain valve, and you might get a tad more fuel out by opening the screw and draining the carb when you put it away.

I am somewhat obsessed about getting the fuel out......and at the end of the ride I turn off the petcock off when I am about 1/2 mile from my house, and the bike runs out of gase as I am going down my driveway (downhill).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 03:32:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sweet Spring from a Winter lover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.