What I found (Read 124 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
What I found
03/16/14 at 09:21:14

on the backhoe.. whoda thunkit?
While checking & cleaning things since the radiator is out.

I didnt see this coming at all..

The radiator I Did see comin, been a green spot a growin for a coupla months. The other day it shot steam & I tasted the sweetness of antifroz,, immediately replaced with the bitterness of a heartfelt SunnuvaBITCH,, Started makin the calls, hunt used,, Nope, stopped makin that radiator in 86.. I dont want a used one,, Repair this one? Nope, puttin a core in one costs more than new,, First quote, new, local guy,, right at FYVE Hunnert Dawlurz! No Kiddin? The core is 17.5 X 19, 3 deep,, More calls,, landed one for $375.00, OTD.. I can stand that,, So, while its down, time to look at stuff Ive never really looked at all that hard. Cleaned the 30 years accumulated goop from under the radiator, about 3 inches deep, gack,, Since the hood panels had to come off to get in there, I pounded out the years of little wrinkles that have built up. While the air cleaner was out & gettin blown out I thot Id clean "up in yonna" where it sits. All this time Ive looked in there & thot the cylinder it went around was a screen,, & I decided Id clean it,, well, LO and Be Hold,, it isnt a screen,,its a real life, no kiddin, finer air filter,, No one told me,, & I never thot to ask, Id been cleaning the "air filter" regularly since Ive had it.. Apparently not many know theres an inner filter, since the date on it is

March/ 1987,,, Eaux my GAWD,,, I wonder how much better it will run with a new one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: What I found
Reply #1 - 03/16/14 at 09:26:01

March 1987!!!! I graduated high school a few months later! We've had half a dozen presidents since then! Cassette tapes went the way of the Do-do since then! Carburetors were still the norm in most vehicles then!

All I can say is ..... WOW!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 03/16/14 at 10:13:59

Yea, wow, indeed,, ya know how an air filter looks when held up to the sun,, well,, not this one,,its so nasty that wiping it with a hand = time to wash.. I cant believe the thing even ran with it,, I wonder how much air it was sucking thru the split rubber hose I found that was duct taped..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #3 - 03/22/14 at 07:54:20

I need a backhoe, got a 4wheel drive tractor with loader but some jobs REQUIRE a backhoe, looking at a rear mounted 3-point backhoe attachment but kinda mickey-mouse

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 03/22/14 at 09:19:40

JOG, apparently it was WILLED you spend some quality bonding time with "said" machine.  No doubt it will love you much more after all this "hands on attention" you are giving it and it will perform sooooo much better for you.  At least for the Honeymoon Period anyway.   Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/22/14 at 11:17:26

Im really anxious to see how it tachs up & pulls the hills. Its Gotta do better,,

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 03/23/14 at 00:12:40

shorty wrote on 03/22/14 at 07:54:20:
I need a backhoe, got a 4wheel drive tractor with loader but some jobs REQUIRE a backhoe, looking at a rear mounted 3-point backhoe attachment but kinda mickey-mouse

Like this? Works fine.

I did bend the log grapple and root rake teeth on the front bucket though...

Cleaning up THIS mess...

I'm 6'2" 240#, that's a limb sticking up behind me. That backhoe got a work out... Tree was well over 400 years old, full of lead and iron fragments from the 1860s...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 03/23/14 at 09:07:51

I WISH my 'hoe was attached by a 3 point hitch. Then I could use a PTO & run a brush hog or even get me one O them Box Blades for smoothin & levelin, It took me years to figure out how to get what I want out of the loader. Its possible to level an area, but its not easy with nothing that is articulated. At first I thot it was just impossible, but after a few years I started just kinda getting a feel for it. Not like I logically, rationally, thot it thru, just somehow I adopted new ways & it works out,,little things like laying some dirt down to raise one side a little,.or digging a little trench, to lower a side,,
My machine weighs just shy of 13,000 pounds. The hydraulics are strong enough to jerk it around & drag the thing back w/o revving the motor up much at all,, Makes getting a hickory stump out a real time consuming ordeal. Just a 4 to 6 inch tree is a challenge. Not a pine, itll rip a 6 inch pine tree stump out pretty quick, but hickory is a stout thing.

That was a mess WD,, Whats that biggo thing weigh? Mine has a 3 cylinder, 59 HP diesel. I just dont understand how so few ponies move so much stuff & use so little fuel,,

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 03/23/14 at 09:37:13

Weight of what? Tree, a couple hundred thousand pounds. Tractor, no clue. JD10A loader conversion, couple tons.

The loader is a bolt on. Pull off 4 U-bolts, uncouple 4 hoses, pull out 8 large bolts and drive away. Freeing up the PTO, and exposing the 3 point hitch attachment lugs. Speed pin the arms back on and it is a 2wd John Deere 5400 tractor again.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 03/23/14 at 21:01:27

Aye Like it..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:17:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › What I found

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.