Keep Jets Clean (Read 57 times)
procrastinator
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brownsville,Texas.
Keep Jets Clean
03/10/14 at 21:22:56

With today's cheep gas what are the thoughts on adding a little fuel injector/carb cleaner to your tank to keep your carb and jets clean.
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

" might as well be walking on the sun "
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Keep Jets Clean
Reply #1 - 03/10/14 at 22:26:47

Gas already has plenty of additives... best thing you can do for your jets is ride...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/11/14 at 05:29:24

If you are getting junk in you jets.....most likely it is not coming from the fuel.  However if old fuel has rusted your tank or left junk in the tank, then you should clean your tank before you clean your carb the next time.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/11/14 at 06:36:09

I let mine sit, then ran it, then let it sit,, Id have to put it on prime, cuz the gas had evaporated outta the bowl, Decided to drop the bowl,, it had green goo in it. Not oxidized copper green goo, but some residuedoo from the evaporated gas. If youre parkin it for a while, drain the bowl, & For Sure, change the bowl screws to allen head SS & use antiseize. If youre gonna keep the bike, carb service can be expected once in a while. At least till ya figure out how to avoid needin any..
Im pretty fond of the Spark PLug door mod, too. Pullin the tank to get the plug just irked me. Of course, once the thing is all sorted out, that kinda stuff just isnt so important. The guy that got mine got a very "REady to ride" machine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
procrastinator
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brownsville,Texas.
Reply #4 - 03/11/14 at 07:26:27

Thanks Guys, I'm not having any problems or anything it was more a thought on gen. maint. I've done just about everything you need to do from the spark plug door to the cam chain tensioner. I havn't changed the petcock yet but I will soon. and if I ever do sell it who ever gets it will have a ls650 with nothing to do but ride. Grin

" might as well be walking on the sun "
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 07:40:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Keep Jets Clean

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.