Send Topic Print
16 tooth front sprocket (Read 53 times)
Uncle Buck
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

16 tooth front sprocket
03/10/14 at 07:49:49

Does anyone have or know where I can get a 16 tooth front sprocket for 1999 ls650 -- I converted it to chain with a 17 tooth front and a 43 tooth rear. However I have a 150x90 rear tire on it and it is geared too tall. I figure one tooth on the front is worth four on the back. Plus it's much easier to change and I don't have to replace the chain.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 16 tooth front sprocket
Reply #1 - 03/10/14 at 08:45:08

When you start modifying your bike beyond stock.....you need to keep track of what you have done so you know what to order when you need to fix something.  I have a page of notes for what all the non-stock parts are on my bike....and that way I can figure out what I need to replace anything that breaks.

You can order sprockets from any local bike shop, or any internet supplier.  Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Superstore, Ron Ayers, etc.

The tech section has a thread on the chain conversion.  It says you need to order:  "front and rear sprockets for a Suzuki 1980 GS550 with CAST wheel".

Here is the link to the thread if you need more information:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1174239333

It is also stated in that thread that you can use a JTF 513 sprocket for a #530 chain...which can be accessed here:
http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF513

Be sure the sprocket you order matches the chain pitch that you are using.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:17:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 16 tooth front sprocket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.