Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Harbor Freight sidewalk sale weekend (Read 81 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Harbor Freight sidewalk sale weekend
03/07/14 at 16:20:56

Anyone have a Harbor freight motorcycle lift? They are having a sidewalk sale this weekend and I am thinking of getting one and getting a different wheel chock for the front to make it real easy to push one up and lock it in place.

Heh..... was thinking about a welder too.... momma has ok'd me getting some kinda o' stand, I have a jack but its kinda a pain to use.

Here is the add I got in my email...

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands.html

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Harbor Freight sidewalk sale weekend
Reply #1 - 03/07/14 at 18:22:38

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 03/07/14 at 18:31:44

Well, since my back is in bad shape i'm thinking on getting one of these..

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1000-lb-capac...

and adding one of these, to it...

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/self-locking-...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #3 - 03/07/14 at 22:18:42

I bought one of these at Christmas for just over 100.00.  It worked fine for me.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1500-lb-light...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/07/14 at 22:23:48

I inherited a Monkey Wards air compressor from a buddy 15 years ago...
(it was 30 years old when I got it)... Grin...
I've torn up the air pump when it quit pumping.. then the fill valve stuck, so I pulled that and cleaned it...
Finally,.. the the entire output thingamajig cracked and gave up the ghost... Air goes out as fast as it comes in...
So sad...
So I almost talked myself into a $39.95 air puker... and went out to the shop to say goodbye to Puka...
Noop,... not gonna' do it...
I've torn the guts out out of a cheapy, battery run a/c with dead batteries, and I just need 2 adapters to mate it to my old faithful MomkeyWards to get 'er goin'...

New compressors sound like a howitzer defending an attack...
MY old Monkey says,.."puka puka puka puka" in such a calm, lazy way...
I just have to keep that sound...      

Just 2 adapters...  and it's weak... 1/3hp to a 6 gallon tank...
But I'll miss that "puka" sound...
So it will live again... Huh...          

I'll post a vid if it works,...
I'll post a vid of me crying if it don't... Huh... 

Puka puka pumps are so cool... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/07/14 at 22:35:50

Anyone gota  any experience with the HF "mig" welder? I WANT a wire welder,, BUT, Ive used some that just didnt feed right,, couldnt ever get that Bacon frying sizzle sound.. Im not wanting an expensive target for the shotgun.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gerry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Michigan
Reply #6 - 03/08/14 at 05:26:33

I have the HF model #94121 that doesn't seem to be available any more or the part number has changed.  It has an air motor to pump the hydraulic lift mechanism as well as a manual lever.  In addition the model #94121 has a nice wheel chock that holds the bike pretty nicely.
I know that if I don't want to bother with the air compressor and use the manual lever to pump the lift up it takes for ever and about 100 throws of the lever to get it up to maximum height.  I have been pretty happy with mine, it is about 4 years old.
Here is a link to a 20% off coupon if you don't have one already
http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-17549.html?utm_source=cj&utm...
Click on the coupon and you will be able to print it.

Oh yea, I have that wheel chock you're looking at mounted to my tilt bed utility trailer.  Works great but I don't think you can just push your bike up to it, have it pivot over and then walk away, it will still be pretty loose in the chock and could tip IIRC, been a while since I used it.

This message was posted using Google Chrome on a system using Linux Mint 17 Mate
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #7 - 03/08/14 at 11:41:33

Serowbot wrote on 03/07/14 at 22:23:48:
Puka puka pumps are so cool... Wink...

Yup. I had an old Sears compressor that was a puka-puka. All the new ones are REALLY annoying. I wish I had it back.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 03/08/14 at 12:59:48

yup, I got one too.

hate those little braaaaaap 'pressors.

WWW   IP Logged
Gerry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Michigan
Reply #9 - 03/08/14 at 13:48:13

I got one of these...
http://www.californiaairtools.com/ultra-quiet-oil-free-air-compressors/cat-10...

My Campbell Hausfeld had a bearing go bad and cease last year and I had seen the California Air Tools unit on another forum.  I bought it through Home Depot online when they were on sale and with free shipping.  These are very quite compared to other oil free compressors.
Click on the video at the bottom of the page in the link to hear the sound comparison.
Gerry

This message was posted using Google Chrome on a system using Linux Mint 17 Mate
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 03/08/14 at 15:32:55

http://www.eaircompressorparts.com/pk-6060v6hppumacompressor.aspx

After about 2 years of a 20 gallon HF screaming, low capacity compressor I sprung for one of these. The guy I got it from told me I got the last one of the real quality units. He said the next bunch he brought in wouldnt have the same valves or motor. Had it ( installed)almost 2 years. Took me almost a year to get around to building the shop extension & laying the pad to set it on. It sat outside, wrapped in plastic. We got it home for a bit under $700.00. One of THE best tools Ive owned. I used to have to wait what seemed like forever while the screaming, gutless HF thing would fill up after putting 3 or 4 pounds in a rear tire on the back hoe. On those little things, you BETTER stop using air when the motor kicks in, or it'll burn out. Id go thru at least 3 cycles if a tire was down much at all. Now, I hook up a clip on air chuck & set the regulator down to about 24 pounds & mess around while it airs up. I have a serious distrust for big tires.. them suckas blow up while youre down there with an air chuck & youre hurt, Chuck.. IF youre not DAID! Thankfully I now have 2 rear tires that arent worn out. The one I just replaced was made in 84. It was so worn out, weather beaten & used up, that a soapy water spray on the sidewall would yield a spider web of bubbles. The tire guy said I could put a tube in it, but we all know ya cant plug a hole that way, AND, if the tires carcass is so old & beaten that its leaking thru the sidewall all over, its compromised & could rip at any time, so, a tube wouldnt exactly make me safe from an exploding tire,,so, I dropped $450.00 for a tire,, Dayumm! that hurted..

Note** The ad still says Swedish valves, so,, well,, you know how sales people are.. Doesnt matter,, I was buyin it anyway..I was seriously ready for a REAL compressor. I no longer stop work when it kicks in, unless the impact is having problems breaking something loose,, then Ill wait & tag it with 120 PSI.. The compressor is good to 150, but the impact isnt.. so, I set the kick out at 120.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:30:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Harbor Freight sidewalk sale weekend

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.