Send Topic Print
RSPECT (Read 136 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

RSPECT
03/07/14 at 10:02:47

If life were fair, President Hopey would be crucified like Dan Quayle was, but we all know that's not gonna happen....

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — O-O-P-S. President Barack Obama had a spelling blunder Thursday while praising Aretha Franklin.

Obama misspelled “respect” while lauding the “Queen of Soul” before a White House concert featuring several musical legends.

“When Aretha first told us what R-S-P-E-C-T meant to her,” Obama said, before the audience in the East Room erupted into laughter. He then continued, “”She had no idea it would become a rallying cry for African-Americans, and women, and then everyone who felt marginalized because of what they looked like or who they loved. They wanted some respect. Later, when somebody asked her why it had such an impact, she said, ‘I guess everybody just wants a little respect.’ Today, they still do.”

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: RSPECT
Reply #1 - 03/07/14 at 14:46:44

WebsterMark wrote on 03/07/14 at 10:02:47:
....she said, ‘I guess everybody just wants a little respect.’ Today, they still do.”

But, you won't be getting it. Grin

What a moron!! This guy give idiots a bad name. Fortunately, this little Russian thing isn't going to interrupt His or Biden's vacation plans so maybe he can take up a hobby like cheating at Scrabble.

The Leader-from-behind of the free world is an absolute moron, some village in Kenya is missing their idiot.  Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/07/14 at 15:33:42

If life were fair, President Hopey would be crucified like Dan Quayle

If you were fair,.. you'd be defending him, or at least brushing it off as a humorous fop-ah as I'm sure you did with Quayle...

...as I did , by the way...
Dan was an idiot... but not because he misspelled potato...

Hypocrisy is nearly always a two way street...
BTW... you'll notice that Obama laughed at himself as he said it... knowing he botched it... so, more of a misspeak than a misspell...

No matter,.. so petty... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 03/07/14 at 16:15:52

+1

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 03/07/14 at 16:30:10

He did refer to the concentration camps during WW2 as Polish death camps.   Huh

As well as he claimed to visit all 57 states during a campaign stop.    Undecided

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/07/14 at 16:43:42

Serowbot wrote on 03/07/14 at 15:33:42:
If life were fair, President Hopey would be crucified like Dan Quayle

If you were fair,.. you'd be defending him, or at least brushing it off as a humorous fop-ah as I'm sure you did with Quayle...

...as I did , by the way...
Dan was an idiot... but not because he misspelled potato...

Hypocrisy is nearly always a two way street...
BTW... you'll notice that Obama laughed at himself as he said it... knowing he botched it... so, more of a misspeak than a misspell...

No matter,.. so petty... Grin...

My point wasn't the mistake and as someone who makes presentations in front of crowds, I understand mistakes when you're talking. My point was how the left wing dominant media crucified Quayle because he wasn't their guy. Hopey-change is another matter, they'll protect him.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 03/07/14 at 21:30:02

Ill bet that had he only made that crucial visit to the 57th state he woulda been taught the word, sadly, not only can he not spell it, he has no understanding of it, where it relates to WE the People & the Big C.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 03/08/14 at 08:11:10

Honestly, this is not worth my energy to reply, but I regress.....

Our "press" is nothing but a National Enquirer with a good housekeeping seal of approval applied, other words, a sows ear with a ribbon tied about it.....
In both episodes, the ramifications, the resulting impact, of......neither led to, or rectified, matters of, real importance facing the state.

To expand upon the "need" to call and highlight the discrepancies makes me wonder of the mental and emotional health of those who invest energy into such matters.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 03/08/14 at 09:05:11

pg wrote on 03/07/14 at 16:30:10:

As well as he claimed to visit all 57 states during a campaign stop.    Undecided

They WERE in Poland. And they WERE "liberated" by the Russians, not by the Americans.

All the film footage we have of Auschwitz and Dachau is Russian footage; the Americans got there when they had been "vacated".

A bit like claiming the "Indian Reservations" were created  by and run by the Navajo Nation or the Cheyennes, Crow and Sioux...

As for the 57 States... here in Europe many mistake Washington DC and Puerto Rico as States... but then, what are Representatives from Costa Rica doing in Congress ?

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #9 - 03/08/14 at 14:03:09

Dachau is in Germany, very near Munich.  Are you sure the Russians liberated that camp?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #10 - 03/08/14 at 15:27:27

mpescatori wrote on 03/08/14 at 09:05:11:
pg wrote on 03/07/14 at 16:30:10:

They WERE in Poland. And they WERE "liberated" by the Russians, not by the Americans.

All the film footage we have of Auschwitz and Dachau is Russian footage; the Americans got there when they had been "vacated".

A bit like claiming the "Indian Reservations" were created  by and run by the Navajo Nation or the Cheyennes, Crow and Sioux...

As for the 57 States... here in Europe many mistake Washington DC and Puerto Rico as States... but then, what are Representatives from Costa Rica doing in Congress ?

Wink

The statement “Polish Death Camps” infers that the possession or control of the camps were of Polish origin.  Yes they were in Poland; however, the camps were organized and run by Nazi Germany in occupied Poland.  Poland lost nearly 1/5 of their population in the war between the casualties of war, concentration camps, as well as civilian deaths.

Regarding who liberated the camps, I don’t dispute that.  I will also add the persecution of the Poles continued for another 44 years by the Soviets.

Regarding the number of states, it is a bit disheartening some people can’t differentiate our nation’s capital from a state.  They let people from Washington DC have Congressman (they don’t have Senators) because they claimed they had “Taxation without Representation.”  I can’t offer much insight to Puerto Rico, but “Old Glory” still has 50 stars.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 03/08/14 at 20:27:27

It appears someone is more acquainted with a bottle of ketchup then they are with ol' glory.

WWW   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #12 - 03/09/14 at 10:51:20

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 03/08/14 at 14:03:09:
Dachau is in Germany, very near Munich.  Are you sure the Russians liberated that camp?

Sorry, must have confused Dachau with Sobibor... or maybe Treblinka... Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 03/10/14 at 07:28:06

raydawg wrote on 03/08/14 at 08:11:10:
Honestly, this is not worth my energy to reply, but I regress.....

Our "press" is nothing but a National Enquirer with a good housekeeping seal of approval applied, other words, a sows ear with a ribbon tied about it.....
In both episodes, the ramifications, the resulting impact, of......neither led to, or rectified, matters of, real importance facing the state.

To expand upon the "need" to call and highlight the discrepancies makes me wonder of the mental and emotional health of those who invest energy into such matters.  

darn.... I think my IQ went up 3 points just reading that.  Be funny as hell to see how many time a newspaper editor would have to read that to just figure it out.

IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/11/14 at 08:59:56

Our "president" the buffoon.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print