Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Quick spark plug question (Read 178 times)
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Re: Quick spark plug question
Reply #15 - 03/11/14 at 16:04:35

I'm definately going to get some anti seize.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/11/14 at 18:03:41

Before ya pull the tank, prepare a place to lay it down so the speedo cable wont be cranked too hard. Have a friend handy, first time, its important. Youve got to win the fight with the connector under the tank w/o messing it up. You do NOT want it to vibrate loose. That has happened after people Go Rilla'd it up & ruined the clip that keeps it together.Bike shuts off if that connector lets loose.. Once youve freed it once, youll be okay. TRY to win it alone.. IF you can, then next time you wont need backup. I did it alone, I wished I had backup, tho I didnt drop the tank. Sitting the tank sideways is asking for trouble you dont want. Lay a rag across the starter & close off any holes the O-ring can drop thru.. THAT has been a problem for several.,.dont let that happen,.,A small pair of channel locks is handy here. use a rag so ya dont scar the connection up.
I didnt like the pressure needed to get the tank off & back on so I "adjusted the rubber pucks size.
Also, the petcock will ( unless its a Raptor) hit the frame. Tape the frame & slap the tank sideways & lift. OR, drain the tank & pull the petcork,,Id pull the thing & go back with a Raptor unit. FROM the yammy shop, not a Chinese knockoff..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #17 - 03/12/14 at 10:06:24

I got a raptor petcock already ,but I'm concerned about pulling the electrical connector. You say there is an o ring inside it?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 03/12/14 at 10:16:18

rl153 wrote on 03/12/14 at 10:06:24:
I got a raptor petcock already ,but I'm concerned about pulling the electrical connector. You say there is an o ring inside it?

o-ring is in the speedo cable.  don't loose it, you can't order them alone.  and end up replacing with an ill fitting o-ring.

WWW   IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #19 - 03/12/14 at 10:30:07

Got it ,thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home