Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carbo vacuum hose reinstall solution needed. (Read 68 times)
Joseph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carbo vacuum hose reinstall solution needed.
03/06/14 at 11:51:21

Newbie here--as well as owning a Savage (2003 LS650) and motorcycle maintenance.

I realize I should have taken a picture before pulling my carburetor for a spring cleanup.

Alas, I can't put it back together again--even with PDF pics in Service guide and user manual.

I have four carbo fuel and vacuum ports but there are SIX are needed with the materials I have in hand.

On the choke-side of the carb, I've figured out fuel and vacuum hook-up carb and peecock; it is the rear two ports I have two vacuum hoses with no where to plug them to.

I thought it had to be the fuel tank but I don't find port inserts there for those vacuum hoses; so I have two vacuum hoses for the two rear carb ports that I can't figure out where to connect.

Hope my explanation is mostly sensible.  Anyone sending me a pick of their carbo port with hoses hook-up will be very much appreciated.

Joseph T.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Carbo vacuum hose reinstall solution needed.
Reply #1 - 03/06/14 at 11:55:42

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 03/06/14 at 11:58:45

Looks like Versy beat me to it...

Vent tube routing

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 03/07/14 at 05:27:25

EJID's pic shows the two vent hoses ....they don't plug into anything, they just are there for venting overflow.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Joseph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/08/14 at 05:49:19

Thank you for giving me a clue what I need to do; good to be in a mechanical forum like this and get response above a 6th grade reading level.

Much obliged.
Joseph T.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:32:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carbo vacuum hose reinstall solution needed.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.