Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: What else you do?
Reply #15 - 03/03/14 at 19:16:33

Trippah -

Modern cars suck.  Give me a Jag XKE over any modern "sports car".  Give me my old TR-3 over a Mazda Miata any day.

Modern ease and convenience - for a housewife who wants a Lexus instead of a real car, because she can't drive the real one.  That's why, in 2011, I bought the last Mercedes C300 with a manual transmission that was still imported into the U.S.  I prefer to control the car, rather than having it control my driving.  Had BMW not gone to those stupid run flat tires, I'd still be driving 3 series.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #16 - 03/04/14 at 15:47:46

I so wish I still had my Sony Handicam. I really could have used it this past weekend when I was in Oklahoma visiting my middle brother. I was hoping to get some could landscape shots to use on my book covers but the little twenty dollar wal-mart digital cam I now how sucks and all the pics are blurry.

But alas, the sony met up with a horrible accident while in Nevada. (wind blew over my tripod and broke the camera)

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #17 - 03/04/14 at 18:03:05

I tinker... be it bikes, electronics, wood working, stuff around the house or what ever I just love to fix things.  I've had a lot of hobbies over the years but only three make me happy....Surfing, fixing things and riding motorcycles   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
OldSport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 03/05/14 at 05:57:50

Photoshop gives you lots of options.  The original photo below.

Black and white works well here.  Look kind of Eastern Block.

Then color enhancement changes it completely.  We took this one and had it printed at a local shop on canvas in a 36" X 24" format.  looks really great on the wall.

And like they said above with digital just take photos until you find one you like.  Or make it on you like.

some photos have potential but.....

Clean up a photo.

Or just make it fun.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #19 - 03/06/14 at 09:24:54

I use photoshop quite a bit myself. I use it for rotoscoping lightsabre blades and most recently for making the book covers for my books.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #20 - 03/09/14 at 15:00:57

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 03/03/14 at 18:56:00:
Kodachrome 25 was the best film ever.  I still look at my slides that I took in the 1960s every now and then, and they are as fresh as ever.  The scenes jump out at me just like they did 50 years ago.  Ektachrome wasn't even a close second.  Is it still available?  Are slide projectors even still available?  What about the bulbs - where would you buy a replacement?

Wow. I still have some Kodachrome 25 slides I took in the 60's/70's. I still have my old Canon manual 35mm that I took them with. I need to digitize my old slides some day. I like digital but can't afford a good digital camera yet. I've used GIMP and Adobe Photoshop Elements for digital editing.  Both are good for different levels of editing.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #21 - 03/10/14 at 17:10:25

S-P wrote on 03/09/14 at 15:00:57:
I've used GIMP and Adobe Photoshop Elements for digital editing.  Both are good for different levels of editing.

I just downloaded GIMP the other day. I haven't tried it out yet however. I would just stay with photoshop but my install disk is in Nevada and I am in New Mexico at the moment. Besides, I thought I'ld see if its as easy to use as I have heard and if I could get the same quality of book covers as I do with photoshop.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 03/10/14 at 20:39:25

Ive never intentionally downloaded GIMP. I HAVE, however, loaded myself Up with a dose of it on multiple occasions, each time, quite by accident.
I have dents & lumps & bits missing, & scars,, Ohh,, several scars.. Ive even had to pull my pants UP, out of a pressure( hayull,, lets not BS around,, pressure my achin Ayuss,, we talkin CRUSHED,, I heard my thigh bone crack) wound. I was wearin 3 pairs O pants, cuz it was COLD,, ( would that be Cold + or Cold Minus? Do ya turn the AC Up or Down to make it colder? I just get SO confused sometimes).. Anyway,, the pressure the 1/4" plate the machine was built on when it crashed into my thigh was so high it pressed the pants into the skin. They looked like there was wax dripped on them, but it was my skin, pressed thru the weave of the cloth...That bruise met in the back of my leg..

& no, I didnt go to the doctor,, what was he gonna DO? Uncrush it? Took a few days, I was back to work,, darn, I miss being tough as a boot..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #23 - 03/10/14 at 20:59:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/10/14 at 20:39:25:
Ive never intentionally downloaded GIMP. I HAVE, however, loaded myself Up with a dose of it on multiple occasions, each time, quite by accident.
& no, I didnt go to the doctor,, what was he gonna DO? Uncrush it? Took a few days, I was back to work,, darn, I miss being tough as a boot..

JOG, a man after my own heart. I once was painting a metal roof on a vintage house in August in Phoenix. The pitch was so steep my tennis shoes were sliding so I took them off and went barefoot. As long as I kept moving I could take the heat.  I sliced my foot open on a piece of the roof, about 5 inches and about an inch deep. It was about 11:00am and I decided that it would take me longer to roll up my spray rig than to finish the job, so I wrapped my foot in paper towels and duct tape and finished the job. I went to the urgent care for a tetanus shot and the doc said, I can't let you out of here without stitches and I told him I couldn't afford stitches, and the job was a "charity job" for a church anyway.  He stitched me up and when I went to check out the receptionist told me the doc donated his stitches to the church.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 03/11/14 at 06:06:56

If I knew how to do a Thumbs Up Id do it there..

How do you know when youre REALLY Hurt? Man, when you whup out the Duct tape for first aid,, youre HURT!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #25 - 03/11/14 at 17:22:08

Cut my fingertip to the bone while on camping trip as a cub leader. I couldn't be bothered to drive to the nearest emerg to have it sewn up (an hour each way) so I put 2 stitches in it myself. I used ice to "freeze" it and boiled needle and thread. Took me 1/2 hr. It didn't get infected or anything.
I used to heal very quickly until I became diabetic- now it takes a while.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 03/11/14 at 18:12:47

AttaBOY Teach! I have a coupla genuine suture kits in the 1st aid box, so far, Ive not needed them,,, AND, Should the moment present itself, I DO have duct tape in the shop! BOY I dont wanna need a hillbilly first aid need that requires it!

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #27 - 03/12/14 at 21:53:43

Possible new book cover for my book Flight of Destiny. I did this one with GIMP. First time ever using that particular program.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #28 - 03/13/14 at 06:25:44

Bee's were collectin' pollen off my bush yesterday.... tried to get a couple good shots....but i'm allergic to bee stings... so it was a quick focus get in and out thing.... besides they kept moving from flower to flower dang bee's! hold still a sec!  I cropped a couple to get a zoomed in effect...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #29 - 03/13/14 at 09:56:40

Very nice shots OR.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:21:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › What else you do?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.