repairable cars (Read 295 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: repairable cars
Reply #30 - 03/11/14 at 17:38:06

I bought a '69 Pontiac Strato Chief sight unseen for $50 because it had a small block 350 in it that I wanted to put in the van I had at the time. The PO was a friend of my dad who had bought it new. He had given it to his son, who had put 300 horse heads and a dual 4bbl in it. Cost me a tail pipe to certify. When he found out his dad sold it he put a single 4bbl on it, but it was too much trouble to put the original heads back on. It was a very fast car for it's size.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: repairable cars
Reply #31 - 03/11/14 at 22:02:22

kt97679 wrote on 03/02/14 at 20:26:25:
Yes, I'm in "thing county wa" Smiley. Thanks for the hint, looks very reasonable. If you would try to find some optimum between fun to drive, reliability, access to spare parts and self-servicability what it would be from the list above?

Anything past about 1980 has too much electronic crap on it for my taste. I owned several VW's (pre-80's, no A/C) and got "The Volkswagen Manual for the Compleat Idiot" and did all my own work.  I've had Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, Datsun, Nissans, '60 Mercedes, Plymouths, all pre-80's and they're all easy to work on.  I'd jump on a Datsun, VW or early Ford or Chevy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:19:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › repairable cars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.