Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is Everything in the Mainstream Media Fake? (Read 152 times)
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Is Everything in the Mainstream Media Fake?
02/28/14 at 07:42:10

Is Everything in the Mainstream Media Fake? – 6 Examples of Media Manipulation
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/02/27/everything-mainstream-media-fake-6-exam...

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Is Everything in the Mainstream Media Fake?
Reply #1 - 02/28/14 at 09:00:54

Not everything... but there are instances of manipulation...
They are usually exposed...

Does that make other "non-mainstream" sources more reliable?... Not at all...
They are full of lies and manipulations...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #2 - 02/28/14 at 14:15:07

Serowbot wrote on 02/28/14 at 09:00:54:
Not everything... but there are instances of manipulation...
They are usually exposed...

Does that make other "non-mainstream" sources more reliable?... Not at all...
They are full of lies and manipulations...

So you say all alternative sources of information are just as unreliable as the mainstream sources.....please provide a reference link that I can check that out. I really would be interested in finding out what lead you to that conclusion.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 02/28/14 at 15:19:22

No use... Any proofs I posted would be called a mainstream media lie...
Alternate media is a closed loop system... a self affirming denial of reality...
Catch22...

Once you put your faith in those telling you that you were lied to,.. you must believe those that have told you to be truthful...
Catch22... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 02/28/14 at 15:49:47

What concerns me about the media as a whole is they are more concerned about their ratings as opposed to delivering a story about what actually transpired.  When they became obsessed with dollar they compromised the integrity of everything they are supposed to do.  They intern become just another form of entertainment and or propaganda.  

Presstitutes  Lips Sealed

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/01/14 at 07:55:20

Presstitutes

Someone's been lissnin to Celente.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 03/01/14 at 15:01:08

That's right, he tells it like it is!

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 03/02/14 at 09:54:33

LOL, I say don't trust anything posted on the internet...um.... including this post.

Cause i'm eating a bacon, lettuce and tomato sammich....and unless you take a bite, you can't prove I actually am eating one.

No matter what you say, or anyone else says....unless you were there...and even if you were... you wouldn't be able to prove it to me, cause i'm here.

See what i'm saying? Even "Trusted" "Reliable" sources will post a mistruth now and then (sometimes because they were fed wrong info), so hopefully you will take information from both left and right sides of the story and get a picture of what the actual "Truth" is...and find a Truth of your own.

Even though you have a good heart and want to let the world know what you think is true.... your sources are flawed.... no matter which side of the story you are on.... because you are getting your information from the internet (even published sources can be manipulated).

You know the saying.... It has to be true, it was posted on the internet...

Jus' sayin....  Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 03/02/14 at 13:16:49

Hearsay is not allowable in court, but it works dang well in bolstering what one has already made his mind up about.....
Fox news being a perfect case in studying re: NEWS reporting.
You had the mainstream outlets who pretty much "cut and paste" their stories, only changing personalities to lure in viewers. FOX comes along and offers stories that are not reported, etc, by the BIG 3 networks, and draws viewers and ratings the others could not muster....
Those networks discounted FOX as bias, etc, assigning them derogatory reasons and motivations for reporting as they did.....totally missing the point they mined a rich viewership that the others neglected to consider because....get this, their OWN bias, and beliefs, in a whole host of subjects.
Love the way the open-minded liberals assigned "ditto-head" (pinched from Rush's own absurdities he called those who agree as he in jest )  to those who watched FOX, yet believing they themselves suffer no indoctrination by their own sources.....
It is sad so many people have bought into letting others define who they are, and surrendering ones uniqueness, and individuality, so they can feel safe AND accepted in a herd.......sad.  :'(  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 03/03/14 at 07:43:06

My position is: follow the money.. always follow the money.

So TV news media needs money, thrives on money, and is owned by a few media moguls. To that end news need to draw viewers, and to get that they need drama. All TV media want to add drama to increase veiwers. Creating drama can be done in many ways, lie, slant, makeup stuff. Even if they are caught.. even if they are hurt later... doesnt matter.. viewers went up.. revenues went up.

Alternative media can be profit driven or not. IF they are profit driven (advertising) .. then yes they need drama to drive up veiwers. But if a media service charges a sub.. then drama accounts for less.. possilbly nothing. Or if media has no profit motive.. then why create drama?

I for one do not like FOX. Why? Years ago they created drama.. they got caught. they refused to deal with it.. and went on with business as usual. So there it is. Fox will lie to create drama, and then brush aside the ones hurt. Is any advertising driven media outlet exempt.. NO.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 03/03/14 at 11:29:39

Well of course its about money, money and power, peanut butter and jelly, Laverne and Shirley... you can't hardly separate them, even our PBS "newshour" which is s'pose to be beyond its tainting is about getting the money.

I believe the biggest factor to our crumbling democracy is the indoctrinated on both sides of the spectrum.....

A great example of how it works:  

B-2 wanted to raise the debt ceiling to meet all our gubermints obligations (real or imagined) and all his party faithful had not one single concern about wishing him his desires as such.

On the other-hand, Obama laid out a sound and just argument for NOT raising it, and many of that party faithful agreed.

The present...... talk about a flip flop, 180 degrees, and yet these "party faithful" see nothing odd or disparaging in this reasoning.

And the media never calls on those folk to explain the discrepancies other than a wee bit of lip service, and that is only to cover their azzes instead of engaging in real journalistic integrity...

Basket.... meet Hell  Shocked  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - 03/03/14 at 14:43:23

If you study the topic of international relations, you'll learn that throughout all of recorded history, every country ( called a "state" by the scholars of the subject ) want only two things:
Power and Security.
Security is enhanced by power, and power is enhanced by security.  It's very hard, nigh impossible, to have one without the other.
These are the motives that drive the world of international relations and politics.  Yes, money, or better put, the possession of it, also allows a state to enhance its power and security.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 03/05/14 at 07:55:17

Thanks Jerry, the obvious is what we need. Now, WHO is driving?
Ive watched Soros bet against currencies before,, I dont remember him losing.
Who caught his commodities direction rant?? Down w/ the market early, then a break away/ YEP,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #13 - 03/29/14 at 11:18:40

You are quite correct Mr. Eichenberqer, a thoughtful comment.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #14 - 03/31/14 at 10:37:58

OP... my answer is YES  Wink

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 06:39:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is Everything in the Mainstream Media Fake?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.