Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Computer related thread? (Read 92 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Computer related thread?
02/25/14 at 17:10:00

After reading a lot of the postings in thee Cafe, I wonder if there shouldn't be sa separate thread for computer and technology posts?

Just a thought.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Computer related thread?
Reply #1 - 02/25/14 at 18:37:26

If its  bothersome I'll just stop.    No problem.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/25/14 at 18:54:58

only 1 complaint... any more?

I'm interested in the topic, I have recited some of this stuff to my son and I actually sound smart.    Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 02/25/14 at 19:27:02

I betcha even the ones who only read the endless stream of stuff occasionally are 3 times better equipped to do business at Best Buy when the time actually comes around to buy some techie something or other.

But you really don't need it .....

Your kids and grandkids know a lot more about it than you do, so just take them with you and let them pick it out and set it all up for you.

"I think Grandpa needs a nice Chromebox and then a Playstation 5 to go with it cover all his needs ..."

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 02/26/14 at 23:02:49

LOL, Yeah of course you need the Playstation 5 grandpa! how else are you going to get on the net?  
Oh man I could see it.......hope I can keep ahead of them, that is, if I ever get any...

Cheesy Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 02/27/14 at 04:02:19

verslagen1 wrote on 02/25/14 at 18:54:58:

I'm interested in the topic, I have recited some of this stuff to my son and I actually sound smart.    Huh

Funny....I don't see this as a complaint but more of a suggestion of perhaps a needed service, an extension sorta RSD,  but in an egghead driven way, we could call it byte me!  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 02/27/14 at 07:49:46

raydawg wrote on 02/27/14 at 04:02:19:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/25/14 at 18:54:58:

Funny....I don't see this as a complaint but more of a suggestion of perhaps a needed service, an extension sorta RSD,  but in an egghead driven way, we could call it byte me!  Grin

I agree, I don't see it as a complaint either, just a suggestion. Put all the computer tech stuff in it's own thread or what have you so they are easy to find for those who are interested.

But instead of Byte Me maybe call it Bits and Bytes  Wink

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 02/27/14 at 08:02:56

Shouldn't be necessary -- the Cafe is where all the etc. stuff should go.

Complaint, if there is one is that the post volume increased so much during the Barcelona show that it is just about equaling the motorcycle volume and is crowding the motorcycle stuff.

Now I can fix that without creating anything new -- the show is over now and all the news is all wrung out of it.  

Synopis:

Microsoft is #3 now with a lead sinker still tied to their feet and Intel is now using proper integrated ARM designs for everything on the chipset except for the CPU cores.  

Both Microsoft and Intel are still having to bribe the phone/tablet OEMs just to use their products with juicy $$$ incentives, so by definition they aren't really competitive in the real marketplace at all (apart from their deep pockets which are not really endless).  

Intel has finally discovered their path that leads to the future.  They will become a Qualcomm type modified ARM chip maker.

Microsoft is still hunting and searching for their future, but is working on Threshold, an ARM based OS that may move them out into that future.   They will redouble this effort when the current trick of giving Win 8.1.1 away for free to the sub-$250 product class OEMs doesn't yield them anything much.
(How can it?  They are giving it away for free.)

Now I will shut up for a while and let the Cafe listings clear themselves up a bit.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 02/27/14 at 08:26:24

Although we aren't entirely successful,.. we try to limit the number of sticky threads so that members don't have to scroll down too far to see current topics...
We also try to keep them Savage, or membership, related...
So,... We'd prefer not to make a "computer tech" sticky...
...but,... the "Ham Radio" , and "Humor/jokes" threads are a good example of keeping a non-related topic consolidated...
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 02/27/14 at 16:35:12

Serowbot wrote on 02/27/14 at 08:26:24:
Although we aren't entirely successful,.. we try to limit the number of sticky threads so that members don't have to scroll down too far to see current topics...
We also try to keep them Savage, or membership, related...
So,... We'd prefer not to make a "computer tech" sticky...
...but,... the "Ham Radio" , and "Humor/jokes" threads are a good example of keeping a non-related topic consolidated...
Serow

Well heck and darn.....
I was think'n we needs a sticky for the chicks on bikes, but some of those exposures are to the point where it could very well be redundant, or a sticky, sticky, if you get my drift  Tongue

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:20:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Computer related thread?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.