Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Any (tobacco) pipe smokers in here? (Read 152 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Any (tobacco) pipe smokers in here?
02/25/14 at 16:00:05

NT

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Any (tobacco) pipe smokers in here?
Reply #1 - 02/25/14 at 17:51:13

I started pipe smoking at eighteen and enjoyed it until 35, then it became an addictive habit. I stopped just before forty and regretted destroying my lovely bent stemmed Peterson pipes, but it was the only way I could stop. I'm probably somewhat healthier for stopping, I don't moralise about this, so for those that love a pipe of tobacco, enjoy it

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #2 - 02/25/14 at 18:05:26

When I can, I have a small "cellar" stock of tins and about 10 mason jars with a various assortment. I am currently enjoying Lane Limited and Frog Morton on the Town. I also have a fondness for Peterson Gold. I get a local mix called Snowflake which I suspect is just a knockoff of Lane Limited.

I started making my own pipe on the lathe I use for making pens but life got busy and haven't gotten back to it, it's been about a year now.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 02/26/14 at 11:32:36

I smoke a pipe. I usually just smoke a tobacco brand called vision hunter. It has a nice flavor but it can have quite a few stems in it.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #4 - 02/26/14 at 12:23:06

Have you guys tried to buy generic tobacco and flavor your own. I have a bag of cheap tobacco and put a few drops of whiskey every once in a while in it, it's got nice flavor now. Smiley

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 02/26/14 at 13:24:17

Did for decades, but not now.  Do miss it on occasion. Embarrassed

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #6 - 02/26/14 at 19:51:06

I have a pipe and have smoked it several times and enjoy it a lot when I do. It's more of a "fraternal activity" so if I don't have someone to smoke with it just isn't the same.   Undecided

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #7 - 02/27/14 at 13:49:40

Also I never have have a cigar or pipe without a drink.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 02/27/14 at 15:59:18

I have about 35 pipes, about 1/2 are Meerschaum. I smoke pretty much all day, usually a meerschaum, although I do have some nice briars.
When I have my daily cocktail I smoke one of the special pipes, which are those that are too expensive (or too big) to carry around, and match the tobacco to the drink- ie one tastes better with scotch, one with whiskey etc. I am also starting to match different tobaccos to different pipes.
When my Dad and I built a cottage years ago I dug up a meerschaum while digging the foundation. The stem was wood, and rotted away. I showed it to some collectors and was told it was 135-150 years old.
Interestingly, when I bought life insurance in the late "70's, the company did not consider pipe smoking as dangerous, and gave me the non smoker's rate.
I even have a couple with screens on top so I can smoke while riding. Smiley

How can you tell if a man smokes a pipe?

By the holes in his shirt and the dirty thumb. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 02/27/14 at 17:20:17

My adopted father was a big pipe smoker for a long time.... I actually had one of his old pipes, but lost it in a move, or a roomy five fingered it ...
Thing is, I would sometimes whip it out and pull the ol' borkumriff /w jack and puff on it for a bit.
Well since the cancer episode, I've quit smoking all together, but with the new vapor stuff out, I am thinking on getting a vapor pipe and get maybe some cherry flavor vapor, see if it brings me to that "thinking mode" I used to have.
The bowl area of the pipes looks realistic, but the coal area looks chincy.
But still , they look good enough, but for $50 i'm not sure.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #10 - 02/27/14 at 18:17:52

Be careful if you pipe smoke while riding. I was coming home one day on my Jawa 350 and felt a burning sensation on my leg. I had not properly extinguished the pipe when I put it back in my pocket. I ended up with a large blister, a pipe that stank of burnt flesh for a day or two and a hole in my trouser pocket. I also used to enjoy Borkum Riff, particularly the Ultra Light. Beautiful when it came from Sweden, when "The Swedish Tobacco Company Auckland" got involved the quality went to hell. Borkum Riff priced itself off the market here.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 02/28/14 at 09:53:31

I smoke imported pipe tobacco, but smoking a pipe is too much hassle, I roll 'em up, I used the pipe bit to make a cigarette holder, so they dont get wet & stick to my lip or just get soggy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #12 - 02/28/14 at 12:36:35

There is just something about the whole experience that is soothing, it calms me, allows me to reflect. I never took to cigarettes but always enjoyed cigars and pipes. I smoke pipe more in winter inside, cigar I like to sit outside in summer. I feel there's more diversity with pipe though, so many varieties and flavors of tobacco, much more than cigars.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #13 - 02/28/14 at 13:46:28

I agree whole heartedly. Pipe smoking is a ritual, and I find myself relaxing as I prepare the pipe to be smoked. I find each pipe has a unique personality. There is no better way to relax than sitting on the porch with a glass of portand a favorite pipe after a nice meal. Smiley

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #14 - 02/28/14 at 13:53:01

I just wish I had learned how to relax earlier in my youth...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:22:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Any (tobacco) pipe smokers in here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.