Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch not engaging /rear brake rod thread size? (Read 33 times)
ChrisTech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Clutch not engaging /rear brake rod thread size?
02/25/14 at 08:34:06

Hey,
So I've had my motor pulled out and sitting on the work bench all winter during my bobber build. I just re-installed the clutch cable and lever,they works properly and has normal tension, and the cable is pulling the clutch lever properly, but I cannot spin the sprocket by hand with the clutch pulled in. My question is do I need to pull the side cover and inspect, or possibly just somehow frozen from sitting, the clutch did work properly when I removed the motor. Any advice helps thanks. Chris

« Last Edit: 02/25/14 at 11:11:24 by ChrisTech »  
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Clutch not engaging ?
Reply #1 - 02/25/14 at 08:59:01

It's quite normal for the clutch to be a bit sticky from sitting over nite and starting up cold.
So turning by hand, after sitting a few months... yeah, it'll be hard.

WWW   IP Logged
ChrisTech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Clutch not engaging ?
Reply #2 - 02/25/14 at 10:55:17

Thanks vers. That's what I'm leaning towards, I'll know whenever I get another starter, somehow I smashed a magnet at some point. Would you happen to know the thread size for the rear brake rod, I need to extend mine and would rather do it without welding a section in, think I'm just going to use the same diameter all thread. Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:23:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch not engaging /rear brake rod thread size?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.