Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'll give you the finger...... (Read 85 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I'll give you the finger......
02/21/14 at 20:17:13

Well its not what I think you thought what I meant.....huh?
But what I was wondering is how you guys brake with your hand. I ask because it seems my technique might be causing me some unintended consequence. I cover my hand brake at all times with my booger picker, also know as the pointer. Then I use it to casually brake at all the stops, etc, and I have come to notice pain in the knuckle area when I'm relaxing, like in bed, etc. Not sure if this is the cause, as it is something new I'm experiencing, but its only that finger  Undecided
Anybody else brake like this, or do you use more fingers?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I'll give you the finger......
Reply #1 - 02/21/14 at 21:39:37

Well, speaking physicsally (not a real word)... yer' boogerpicker has the least leverage...
In traffic, at intersections, or any sign of waryness (also, maybe not a word),...  I cover the brake with both, index (booger) and birdy (middle) finger...
Try using both...  2 fer' brake, 2 fer' throttle...
I also adjust my levers to point slightly down from vertical so that wrists aren't cocked upward at rest...
JMHO... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2 - 02/21/14 at 23:10:24

Had some beers, I think I use all or most of fingers, mine aren't very powerful. Thumb can get sore during riding, hope it's not the onset of Rheumatoid Arthritis, a family weakness. Bike is completely stock.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Reply #3 - 02/22/14 at 02:40:24

I used to use the booger/birdie style on brake and clutch until I broke my left birdie  Angry,so now it's 2 on the right then 3 on the left  Wink

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 02/22/14 at 04:50:24

I do have arthuritis in my hands, so it is uncomfortable for me to ride with any fingers on the levers.
BTW... Isogrips helped with that.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 02/22/14 at 05:23:07

Yea I have arthritis in my hands too arteacher, have you ever tried throttle paddles?  Especially on longer rides they help a lot, helps alleviate that fore arm strain from keeping your hands in the same position on longer rides too.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/22/14 at 06:34:29

Serowbot wrote on 02/21/14 at 21:39:37:
Well, speaking physicsally (not a real word)... yer' boogerpicker has the least leverage...
In traffic, at intersections, or any sign of waryness (also, maybe not a word),...  I cover the brake with both, index (booger) and birdy (middle) finger...
Try using both...  2 fer' brake, 2 fer' throttle...
I also adjust my levers to point slightly down from vertical so that wrists aren't cocked upward at rest...
JMHO... Huh...

Ja.....been try'n twos the last couple daze, seems a wee odd and puts a tad more pressure of the palm against the grip which could then becum my new sore spot  Kiss
Like the idea of adjusting the angle of squeeze too, that would seem to put the forearm and attached components in a more natural state, which speaking of....even tho we got anudder forecast of possible snow this weekend, the bulbs are starting to push through the tundra, the trees are starting to sprout their promise of spring, which.....means it won't be long now till I once again can ride a' natural....of which then I'll be talking of a new sore spot, or more to point, chaffing problem  Huh  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 02/22/14 at 08:07:31

ToesNose wrote on 02/22/14 at 05:23:07:
Yea I have arthritis in my hands too arteacher, have you ever tried throttle paddles?  Especially on longer rides they help a lot, helps alleviate that fore arm strain from keeping your hands in the same position on longer rides too.

I put a throttle lock on it so I can take my hand right off for a minute or two. Works a charm.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 02/22/14 at 09:18:01

This is a cheap, easy Throttle lock... $20...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Cruise-Throttle-Lock-Motorcycle-Cruise-Control-1-i...

...or, you can make one with a piece of wire and some vacuum line... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 02/22/14 at 12:51:19

......or you can spend a lot like I did and get this one:
http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-7CP01.php?make_id=2&model_id=12

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:41:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › I'll give you the finger......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.