Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another 18" rear wheel question (Read 39 times)
ChrisTech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Another 18" rear wheel question
02/17/14 at 15:33:12

I've been searching to no avail and found nothing that pops out as a solid tried and true 18" rear wheel swap, for us custom hardtail guys ( we have space for days). I'm looking for one that I can use my drum brake hub on, I've already welded my brake stop in and don't want to cut it. So basically I want to find a wheel that I can slap my brake hub and my sprocket drive hub on to, if there is such a wheel. Thanks for any help

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Another 18" rear wheel question
Reply #1 - 02/17/14 at 15:49:30

as there are no wheels that'll fit in the swingarm w/out modifying it, there aren't any "tried and true".

even the RYCA boys are making their own conversions using the savage hub.

any spoked wheel will most likely fit is a pre 80's and will look like sh!t.

WWW   IP Logged
ChrisTech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/17/14 at 16:02:37

Ya I've researched the ryca rim, after its all said and done, it ends up to pricey. I have this thing against ryca, a lot of their parts are over priced, some are pretty decent. My hardtail slammed me to the ground, and would like to gain a few inches through bigger rim and wheel.. I have 20mm axle slots with shims currently.. So I can go bigger axle maybe a hd wheel, m getting a head ache just thinking about the options.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 02/17/14 at 18:15:13

Buchanans Spoke and Wheel has the correct spokes, and they can sell you a rim....and if you want they can also spoke it for you.

You might be able to find a 36 spoke rim on eBay cheap - but you need to be sure the spoke nipple holes are at the correct angle for a brake drum hub.  A lot of the modern rims that are $ 100 on eBay have the spoke angles set for disc wheel hubs and the spokes on the Savage hub won't work well.  When it is all said and done......an 18" rear rim will cost you about $ 400 unless you are very creative in shopping and spoke the wheel yourself.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:20:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another 18" rear wheel question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.