Send Topic Print
LANCER CAMSHAFT (Read 161 times)
rdmchief
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LANCER CAMSHAFT
02/14/14 at 04:46:06

Hello everyone. I am 60 yo and have been riding motorcycles for over 50 years. Bikes I know, computers;not so much. I want to order a Lancer camshaft for my savage but I am unable to find any up to date address or phone number. Can someone help me with my quest? Thank you in advance for your time. P.S. When I am not riding the savage, I split my time between a 1946 INDIAN, 1965 BMW /2, or a 1969 LAVERDA.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: LANCER CAMSHAFT
Reply #1 - 02/14/14 at 04:59:13

Go to the Marketplace, and Lancer has a Performance Parts stickey at the top of the page.  You can either post something there, or if you click on his name (or any member) on the left side of the page it will open a page that has links to send a Personal Message, or for a lot of us it also has an email address.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338581006

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/14/14 at 05:28:38

Naw! Naw,, Hayull NO dont help him get ahold of Lancer! Not till he gives us PICTURES of all them bikes he has,, Duse has an Indian! Shazzam! & a Laverda? HOE Lee COW!!  I dunno anything about that particular Beemer, but, considering its stable mates, Im guessin its some kinda special old bike, too..

Hey, man, welcome to the crowd, I put the Stage 1 cam in mine, I Didnt ( & regret it) Run any time trials stock, I should have. If I had it all to do over, Id woulda timed it, bone stock, then done the exhaust & jets & then  timing runs then the cam, & more timing runs.

A stop watch & a road thats straight, do standing starts to a given mph
or, standing start to a given MPH, just see whats There, if youre passing a certain post just when ya hit 60, bone stock, you do the exhaust & jets, go back, nail it & hit 60 40 feet before ya get to that post,, well,, ya gained..

I wish I woulda done it more scientifically,,

But, I DID get to see Ol' Bull the other nite,, The guy I sold it to was over at his moms & he took it down the street, workin it pretty hard,,& it moved his Big Self, ( Im guessin at least 6'4" & hes gotta be close to 300 pounds,, hes a big dude,, ) & it looked to be accelerating real well,,
Stage 1, Supertrapp exhaust.,,.BUT, again, If I had it to do over, Id go with the Dyna, just as good on performance, I think,, certainly close enough AND they look a lot better, $20.00 vs. $400.00? Yea,, Dyna,,

ETA
JUst a seat O the pants report,, &, did I feel what I WANTed to feel?

The exhaust & jets made a solid, noticeable change, Then, just based on Feel, the cam made , IM gonna say, about 70 to 80 of the same change the exhaust & jets did, If youre wanting to wring everything out it has to give, then there is a fatter piston that can be found, sometimes, & a slickemup cylinder treatment, Serowbot knows about that, & of course, for the best acceleration, put that thing on a diet,, & theres a lumpier cam than the Stage 1.  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rdmchief
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/14/14 at 09:51:22

Guys, I dearly love talking old bikes, both ridin' and wrenchin', but Dave, like I said, I ain't much on computers, so I have to ask "What's the marketplace? P.S. don't laugh, you'll be old one day.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 02/14/14 at 10:11:14

rdmchief wrote on 02/14/14 at 09:51:22:
I ain't much on computers, so I have to ask "What's the marketplace?

I can see that computer stuff is a bit of a challenge.....as I had provided you a direct link to the page.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338581006

Just click on the reddish text....and it will take you to Lancers page.

Then if you go over to the left side of the page, you can click your mouse on "LANCER" and another page will open...and you can find Lancers email.

OR........I will send you a Personal Message with Lancer's email address.

Dave

PS.  I am 58.....not that far behind you.  I have to work at the computer on my office desk just about all dang day, and I have found out what a lot of the buttons do!

IP Logged
rdmchief
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/14/14 at 11:04:52

Actually, I should be 61, but I was sick a year. Thank you, I am hitting on all cylinders now when it comes to Lancer. Thanks again. Of course, with a savage, I guess I would be hitting on only 1 cylinder. But I digress. Thank you for your help.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 02/15/14 at 09:01:15

Actually, I should be 61, but I was sick a year.

DUDE!!! Thats hilarious!@ sorry you were sick, but man,m, thats funny,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 02/15/14 at 11:53:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/15/14 at 09:01:15:
Actually, I should be 61, but I was sick a year.

DUDE!!! Thats hilarious!@ sorry you were sick, but man,m, thats funny,,

Yep.....He is gonna fit right in with this bunch!

IP Logged
rdmchief
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/17/14 at 06:19:20

Thanks for saying I am going to fit in with all you guys. Is there any "get together" for savage owners? I always go to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days since I am in Ohio. I also go to the Wauseon AMCA meet every year. Usually ride the old Indian to AMCA meets, but it needs a few things done to it this  winter before it is good to go. And since it takes me an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes anymore, I don't know if it will be ready or not. Riding the suzuki "thumper" somewhere to meet others sounds like fun.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 02/17/14 at 07:13:53

There has been one event each year that does collect several of us misfits at a  time.  We meet in North Carolina and ride in the area known as the "Tail of the Dragon".  Some years we have stayed at the Dragon Inn, this year we are starting at MMRanch's house in Lynchburg, TN, then going to the Bluegrass Motorcycle Campground near Waynesville, NC.  Both are about a 5 hour drive from Cincinnati.

Here is the link to the Dragon Run thread (Hint).
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1375308431

« Last Edit: 02/17/14 at 09:41:01 by Dave »  

IMG_0341.JPG

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 02/17/14 at 08:52:28

It takes you an hour & half to watch "60 minutes"? Dude,, youre slowin down, allrite,,I remember when it only took me 15 or 20 minutes to watch that show.. I can still get it done in under 70,,so, Ive slowed down, but not as much as you,, Ill tell ya one thing tho.. I can eat a "Quarter POunder" & dig a third of a pound out from between my teeth now.

IP Logged
rdmchief
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/18/14 at 07:32:28

My wife and I did the Dragon's Tail several years ago on my Heritage and I have rode from the Wheels Through Time museum to Gatlinburg on my Indian. I wanted to do the "tail" on the Indian, but I don't know if the brakes are up to the task. Old drum brakes get hot and fade pretty quick with that many curves in such a short span. New thought: has anybody built one of those Ryca kneeslider cafe savage's? Or know anything about them?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 02/18/14 at 08:13:08

rdmchief wrote on 02/18/14 at 07:32:28:
New thought: has anybody built one of those Ryca kneeslider cafe savage's? Or know anything about them?

Yep.....Plenty of them in the "Bike Build" thread.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1383565946

I built my Cafe' bike using some RYCA parts, and some of my own.  I really like it and it is a blast to ride - not so good for long endurance rides or packing camping gear.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 02/19/14 at 07:09:44

Hello rdmchief, and welcome to the crowd  Cheesy

This is Maurizio from Rome, Italy  Cool REALLY ! and while it'll be quite a while before I get to fly my bike to the Dragon, we do have some pret-ty tweeesty roads here ourselves !

One day, we'll have to meet (over keyboards & computers & webcams etc.) abnd discuss a "disc - to - drum" conversion for the Savage.

With her monolothic big bad cylinder and all, I believe a nice 8" drum would look tons better than the stock sissy crybaby disc brake !

Best regards,

Maurizio and "Barabbas"

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LANCER CAMSHAFT

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.