Send Topic Print
Carb. Cap (Read 84 times)
bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
Carb. Cap
02/12/14 at 23:28:58

Whats the size of the screws for the carb. cap ? Is it good to replace them with SS with better heads ?

2009 red w/white,emgo short vintage style muffler , carb spacer mod. 2 washers. raptor petcock, 4" uni pod filter and 50.pilot, 150 main .
bobdog bobdog bobdog   IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Re: Carb. Cap
Reply #1 - 02/13/14 at 09:15:32

It doesn't matter which screws you use. You can change them to whatever you like.. I think the size is 3 or 2 mm.. Definitely not 4. But remember, give them some oil before you screw them in, and be gentle when tightening.. You only need to tighten them to the point where they just have a snug fit.. Damaging those small threads in carburetors is crap..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/14/14 at 05:51:59

Allen head SS makes things nice. NO need to SHOVE & Twist, like with a Philips head. NO matter, SS or just an old bolt, aluminum is gonna want to grab it, so, yes, at Least oil, I use antisieze, on lug bolts on cars, on spark plug threads & on bolts that go in aluminum,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
danjray

Connecticut
Reply #3 - 02/14/14 at 06:20:52

Use this thread for different bolt sizes and what not. This way you can make ONE trip to the hardware store and replace all of them at once. Trust me, you'll thank yourself later.

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 02/15/14 at 09:06:19

I somehow managed to keep the stock valve cover bolts. I went in there a bunch O times, LOADS more than our irascible Bill ever did. Of course, Suzuki installed "special" valves, rockers & adjusters in his, cuz his Never Needed adjusted,,
One thing to consider ,, gutless bolts in gutless heads,, which will crap outr first>  You go puttin SS bolts all up in that engine, dont forget, theyre still screwed into wussified aluminum,, dont be strippin stuff out just because youre not afraid youre gonna twist off a wussified stock bolt,
Remember to use a soft hand when snugging things down & RE snugging if it leaks beats the hell outta strippin something..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:16:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb. Cap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.