Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ???? (Read 328 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ????
Reply #30 - 02/16/14 at 13:43:21

Queen Elizabeth (through inheritance through her family) owns 2,467 million acres in Canada, 1,900 million acres in Australia, 114 million acres in Papua New Guinea, and 66 million acres in New Zealand.

"The Crown" owns all the land in Great Britain, all individuals can own is an "interest" in the Crown's real estate.

There is a separation between Elizabeth II and "The Crown" as when she steps down and no longer wears the crown then the "crown lands" goes with the headgear to the next ruler.

Yup, she's still quite land rich as a single person goes.   Bill Gates has more in liquid assets though.

=============================

Explanation of Crown Lands ....

To further clarify the holding of land in the UK - from the time of William I, all land in England belonged to the sovereign. Land could be held by individuals, but at a price. Either by doing homage and supplying fighters, or by paying rent. This land could then be portioned out amongst lower ranks, for similar considerations. There could be several layers of tenure. Eventually, the supplying of fighting men lapsed and rent became the norm. Then when someone needed a larger amount of cash NOW, freehold came in. This meant that the tenant held the land free of any charges to a superior. And kings needed cash yesterday, never mind now. Note that the land is still held, not owned. It's not the land that gets sold - it's the freehold. OK, it's a technicality now. But the Crown (or the Duchy of Lancaster or other similar entities) can resume the possession of the land if there are no heirs or successors.
Directly owned Crown lands were turned over to the Government when the Civil List was established. The Civil List is the list of royalty who get state income, and the payments to them. This is actually exceeded by the income from the lands handed over, usually. Prior to this, the monarchy financed itself from the incomes of these lands or by selling freeholds. The current Prince of Wales isn't on the Civil List, as he supports himself on the revenues of the Duchy of Cornwall. The Queen has extensive private holdings, including land, but these are NOT Crown lands despite belonging to the monarch - if she abdicated they would go with her not pass to her successor. She holds them in the same way I hold my little bit of land - but technically from herself.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 02/16/14 at 21:09:23

Quote:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ?

I was going to say,.. it's blurry in the upper right corner...
... but, apparently it's the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Clintons, and the Queen...
It is blurry though...   Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #32 - 02/16/14 at 22:27:49

darn the luck... I was born in the south side ghetto's.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:08:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.