YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Blinkers
Reply #15 - 02/13/14 at 15:03:25

The leds maybe so low in current that they don't flash at all.
also might mean they're not very bright either.

WWW   IP Logged
Johnny57

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minneapolis
Reply #16 - 02/13/14 at 15:07:29

Have you ever seen either blinker ever light up?

IP Logged
Crich422
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #17 - 02/13/14 at 15:26:28

I thought that too, that they were on but not very bright, but I closed the door and turned off the light. They weren't on at all, as far as I could see. So I figured they weren't getting power at all.

1988 LS650 Suzuki Savage with about 46,000 miles on it. First motorcycle, first time working on it as well, but ready to learn how it all works!
  IP Logged
Crich422
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #18 - 02/13/14 at 15:36:57

[quote author=1F24293E2F23383E252D203F4C0 link=1392055279/0#8 date=1392135692]Serowbot wrote on 02/11/14 at 08:13:42:
And yes...those turns signals you bought and the majority of the aftermarket LED turn signals that are made with a large number of tiny LED's don't work all that well in the daylight/sunlight.  There is a company that makes some that are DOT approved - and my thought is that if you want to be safe....the other drivers need to see the turn signal and brake light easily.
http://www.kandstech.com/index.php?page=universalsignals

Did I get blinkers that aren't going to work on my bike? That would be my luck lol. The link for these blinkers isn't for just regular guys to buy, you have to be a dealer I think. Would it be tough to get the parts and install what I need to make mine work? Or should I start saving for some new ones lol?

1988 LS650 Suzuki Savage with about 46,000 miles on it. First motorcycle, first time working on it as well, but ready to learn how it all works!
  IP Logged
Crich422
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #19 - 02/13/14 at 15:56:44

Ha, I just saw that there was a second page to that earlier thread *forehead smack* From the looks of it, I just need to get a new flasher and they will work?

IP Logged
Crich422
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #20 - 02/27/14 at 08:39:57

So I got the part from the LED Thread from the Tech Section:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1169825737

and its not even close to fitting. The original plug is one that looks like an L, and the new one is just a normal plug. So that was a bust. Has anybody else tried the Pig Tail method from the BCB DVD before? I plugged the front blinkers into it, that got the front running lights to both turn on (but they don't blink when I flip the hand control). But after a minute or two, something started smoking… Awesome, I know… I started looking for the problem and found this piece (the pic) that was super hot. Like couldn't touch it because it was so hot. Does anybody know what this piece is? I think the smoke was coming from this.   I tested to see if I was getting Key Power to the Pig Tail, and I have power going to everything. But the blinkers still won't turn on. Is there a resistor Im missing or something?

Small_Piece.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:38:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blinkers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.