Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zowie... took the wife for a ride on the 1100 (Read 87 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Zowie... took the wife for a ride on the 1100
02/09/14 at 20:56:46

We only had a short bit of sun left ( 4pm) , so we dared to ride together on the 1100 on the Natchez Trace. Both agreed it is a very comfortable and capable two-up bike.

I thought I was going to drop it a few times.. but always while stopped or all but stopped.. its just sooo unwieldy while barely moving. While at speed... its great ride.

The wife certainly enjoyed being a passenger on this bike much more so than being a passenger on the Savage.... BUT.. she would rather be a RIDER on the Savage than being a passenger on .... anything. So.. not sure where that leaves us.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Zowie... took the wife for a ride on the 1100
Reply #1 - 02/09/14 at 22:36:06

I think it leaves you a Captain without a crew... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2 - 02/09/14 at 23:53:21

Buy another Savage/S40.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 02/10/14 at 06:56:10

jcstokes wrote on 02/09/14 at 23:53:21:
Buy another Savage/S40.

The Savage is sitting safe and sound next to 1100. Generally when we ride, she rides the Savage and I ride the 1100. This was the FIRST time I ever rode the 1100 with her on the back.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 02/10/14 at 07:14:47

Your a blessed man Pine !  Cool

I've got just the oppsite situtitaion .    Mine has no entention of ever  leaving the yard with  a set of handlebars in her hands.   We had one of those little Knee high dirt-bikes for my son when he was seven or eight years old , she rode it once.   Son didn't ride it so I got him a little 110cc 4-wheeler.   Well the three of us went riding in the hay field once.  I had one of those 200cc street-legal dirt bikes at the time.   The good parts are :  
The son did take-up with the 4-wheeler and is on a grown-up size one now.  Smiley
I have a passenger any time the son is at somebodys else's house and the weather is nice !  Smiley

Its only about an hours drive from my house to where I-65 and Natchas Trace meet in souther middle Tn.   We've been on it several times and Its a nice place to cruse along.   What part of it is in your neighborrowhood ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/10/14 at 11:34:40

Having a wife who rides is a great thing. You did good. Id much rather have someone ride along with me than me hauling them. Mo Fun for everyone.. Of course, if cost is an issue,, 2 riders get lousy total MPG & youre using tires up.. plus the cost of 2 bikes & insurance & maintenance,, Makes a Miata look real good,, except it aint a BIKE!! or a pickup, which are my 2 most favorite ways to travel.,so far, but then, Ive never had a 2 seater convertible,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 02/10/14 at 17:14:42

MMRanch wrote on 02/10/14 at 07:14:47:
Your a blessed man Pine !  Cool

I've got just the oppsite situtitaion .    Mine has no entention of ever  leaving the yard with  a set of handlebars in her hands.   We had one of those little Knee high dirt-bikes for my son when he was seven or eight years old , she rode it once.   Son didn't ride it so I got him a little 110cc 4-wheeler.   Well the three of us went riding in the hay field once.  I had one of those 200cc street-legal dirt bikes at the time.   The good parts are :  
The son did take-up with the 4-wheeler and is on a grown-up size one now.  Smiley
I have a passenger any time the son is at somebodys else's house and the weather is nice !  Smiley

Its only about an hours drive from my house to where I-65 and Natchas Trace meet in souther middle Tn.   We've been on it several times and Its a nice place to cruse along.   What part of it is in your neighborrowhood ?

I live near Jackson MS ( Clinton). From my house to the Trace is about 5 minutes, but theres 4 red lights ( thats including redlight time). We have riden from Clinton to Natchez, and from Clinton the Ross Barnett Rez. Its a great place to break in a new rider or bike.

Having a wife who rides is a great thing. You did good. Id much rather have someone ride along with me than me hauling them. Mo Fun for everyone.. Of course, if cost is an issue,, 2 riders get lousy total MPG & youre using tires up.. plus the cost of 2 bikes & insurance & maintenance,, Makes a Miata look real good,, except it aint a BIKE!! or a pickup, which are my 2 most favorite ways to travel.,so far, but then, Ive never had a 2 seater convertible,,

The Savage has been pretty cheap as ride. I pay about $100 per month per car to insure.. the Savage is $175 for the year.  Even the 1100 is only $225 for the year.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 02/10/14 at 20:49:47

Pine , your only about 350 miles south of here !    You ought to ride up here and then over to the Dragon with us this summer .  Huh

If ya ain't never been ... then you owe it to your-self to go ..!

I know the Lynchburg bike rally ain't big by some standards ,  but riders do come from all over to spend the day here and do the poker run thingie.  We'll do the Jack Daniel's tour thing friday and the Run Saturday ... then off to Dragon country Sunday.    With a few cook-outs in the middle.   Best part is "no campground fees on this part and reasonable on the other part".

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:29:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Zowie... took the wife for a ride on the 1100

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.