Send Topic Print
Blue Wire blues (Read 122 times)
eppley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blue Wire blues
02/09/14 at 15:29:52

Just recently had the engine out. While the engine was out and moving around the bench I broke the blue wire just about where it comes out of the case. Question is can I do without that wire some how. I really don't want to crack the case open if I don't have to. To be honest I would like to get rid of all the darn wires hanging out of the engine. I am no electrician at all. Pls. Help me out here and if there is a way to solve this pls. Explain in a way a rookie at this can figure out and can I get rid of some of the relays and diodes. Thanks in advance

IP Logged
eppley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Blue Wire blues
Reply #1 - 02/09/14 at 15:37:09

By the way guys its the single blue wire coming out by the clutch lever

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/09/14 at 15:52:37

That is the neutral light indicator.  When the bike is in neutral the light comes on, the starter is allowed to operate when you push the starter button, and the engine does not shut off if the kick stand is down.

Trying to do away with this feature requires more work than just dealing with this wire.  If you choose to eliminate the neutral light switch you will have to wire it so the neutral light is on all the time unless you remove the bulb - then you will also have to bypass the sidestand safety switch.

The easiest thing to do is fix the blue wire.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
eppley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/09/14 at 16:36:24

I figured that would be the easiest I just don't know what that gasket is gonna look like when I pull the case off.  Thanks for the reply

IP Logged
eppley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/09/14 at 16:38:27

But if I do decide to do it the other way I would run constant power to the switch?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 02/10/14 at 05:21:08

eppley wrote on 02/09/14 at 16:38:27:
But if I do decide to do it the other way I would run constant power to the switch?

The neutral switch operates as a "ground", and when the bike is in neutral the switch completes the circuit and grounds the blue wire.  When you want the bike to run with the kick stand down....the wire has to be grounded.  When you want the starter button to work....the wire should not be gounded........unless you pull the clutch in.

The point here is.....you just can't ground or leave the blue wire hanging.  The interlock safety devices are all tied together.....and it is far more difficult to bypass or eliminate them...than it is to fix the blue wire.  If you haven't taken the time to look at an understand the wiring harness to figure out what the "blue wire" is and does.....chances are that the systematic elimination and bypassing of the safety interloc system is over your head as well.

While you have the clutch cover off....inspect and measure the cam chain tensioner.   

Wiring harness link: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 02/10/14 at 10:47:28

I hope its still on the bench,, please tell me you asked before putting it back in,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eppley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/12/14 at 15:42:27

Its all set guys, I fixed the blue wire Thanks for the help Dave.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 02/12/14 at 16:16:59

DUDE!!! You call "I fixed the blue wire" a report? We wanna hear about skint knuckles, solderin, splicin, whatever,, how much tape was required, did ya cuss much, all that stuff..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:22:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blue Wire blues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.