Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BARGAN -- Walmart 60% off on certain tires (Read 75 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
BARGAN -- Walmart 60% off on certain tires
02/08/14 at 12:43:59

Go to "walmart tires" in google to find the Walmart On-line shopping tool and type in your car tire size.

Type in sort by price, lowest price first and you may find the top few items on the new list of your favorite tire size to be some short term age-out or product discontinuance type sales items at approximately 60% off normal pricing.  

Make sure you enable all brands (click on drop down for more brands to get them all).

Why do this?

My Nissan Cubes both use a (shudder) expensive $130 plus 55 series 16" low profile tire for appearance purposes and I was dreading buying two sets each which I was going to have to do pretty soon.  $1,100 in tires & mounting is a larger style ouch to me.

Walmart had put the very best of the General tire line in my size on age out clearance at $57 a tire (about 40% of normal price).  

I would never even look at General tires normally, or full bore top of the line tires either for that part,  the cheap ones that I generally buy are usually the bottom of the line Douglas, Kelly or Goodyear Viva2.

Actually getting these slow moving super premium tires as "aged-out or discontinuance cheap tires" involves paying for them up front on line and then driving around to go get them, so my wife and I did some of that this morning.   We hit 3 local Walmarts within 50 miles of home that had multiples of the $57 tires in the size we needed.

Since we both drive different color Nissan Cubes now (currently rated best old fart car for entry/exit, bad backs, etc)  so we ran around and scarfed up a full set for each car and counted ourselves lucky to get such a good deal on some really nice 70,000 mile tires.

Wink

Plus, it was a nice husband and wife morning trip.

Oldest tire bought was mgf week 48, 2010 vintage, newest was 2012  --  so I will use them up in date code order oldest first.  

Walmart will mount and balance any tire bought from them for $12 a tire and give it a free rotation & road hazard policy to boot.  Nobody does it cheaper.    

I have 2 spare rims to put tires on (so we can each have a real spare tire in each car) plus having spare wheels actually makes dropping off a pair of wheels and new tires on the way to work pretty much painless as far as messing up a Saturday "waiting around in the store" goes.

THERE ARE ADVANTAGES TO BOTH OF YOU HAVING THE SAME CAR -- unconditional lifetime warranty super premium brake pads and lifetime guarantee brake master and slave cylinders and all of such like stuff become very worthwhile investments.  

Buying the very best just once becomes imminently sensible.

Cheesy      Providing I live long enough to wear them out, that is ....       Cheesy

« Last Edit: 02/08/14 at 21:39:55 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: BARGAN -- Walmart 60% off on certain tires
Reply #1 - 02/09/14 at 08:27:19

May you live long, & your tires roll on forever..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: BARGAN -- Walmart 60% off on certain tires
Reply #2 - 02/09/14 at 10:15:19

Nice sentiment, Justin, but with my health starting going down hill I can see a future where my spare experimental Savage engine might never get tested out by needing swapping out, nor some of my current long life filter and tire mods ever proven out to the true " end of life failure".    

So far my various long life mods are yielding some pretty durn good solid long life.

Roll Eyes

So, it's me that ain't likely a gonna likely live that long.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:18:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › BARGAN -- Walmart 60% off on certain tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.