Send Topic Print
New owner ! (Read 227 times)
bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
New owner !
02/02/14 at 19:07:14

hey, how goes it ?  Just wanna say whats up ,and  wanted to say ,I love the sight . Any and all tips are appreciated !!  Liking my 2009 LS 650  !!  Havin a blast !  Thinking  of going Ryca. Lots of ideas for the tracker , no real budget . Like reading everything you have to say . Good times  !!

2009 red w/white,emgo short vintage style muffler , carb spacer mod. 2 washers. raptor petcock, 4" uni pod filter and 50.pilot, 150 main .
bobdog bobdog bobdog   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: New owner !
Reply #1 - 02/02/14 at 19:33:24

Welcome, Bobdog! This is a cool place. Great folks with a lot of experience!

IP Logged
bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
Reply #2 - 02/02/14 at 20:14:15

Thanks for the welcome !  Getting a lot of info.

2009 red w/white,emgo short vintage style muffler , carb spacer mod. 2 washers. raptor petcock, 4" uni pod filter and 50.pilot, 150 main .
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 02/03/14 at 05:07:29

Welcome to the Forum.

Specific questions about the Savage and help needed are posted in the Rubber Side Down.
Generic discussion is in the Cafe.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 02/03/14 at 07:14:04

Welcome BobDog!  Keep having fun, don't forget once you start to mod it's like heroine   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
Reply #5 - 02/03/14 at 07:51:10

I'm allready a tinkering addict . Used to race motorcross until I couldn't afford it anymore, then got into mtb and bmx. About 10 custom bicycles later I can't waite to start this one !

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 02/03/14 at 08:41:45

Age/condition play a role in the usefulness of the Ryca setup. A few guys built them & decided they were too hard on them to enjoy riding them. Just be aware,, you mite want one, you mite not,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 02/03/14 at 08:51:38

Welcome BobDog  Smiley

What part of the world you call home now ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
Reply #8 - 02/03/14 at 08:54:26

I know how I could fall into that catagory,but I would like a more upright ride with rearward controls. I'm alittle tall for the stock riding position.

bobdog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bremerton, Wa.
Reply #9 - 02/03/14 at 08:58:26

Washington State

Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 02/03/14 at 09:35:04

Welcome to the site!

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #11 - 02/03/14 at 11:03:45

There are threads on altering the stock seat slightly to enhance riding comfort and some people put forward controls on to help further. Pay attention to JOG2's post about RYCA comfort, some people have had enough after half an hour riding them, although I have no personal experience of them. You may not be aware that a majority of Savage riders seem to be in the fifty to seventy five age bracket. Possibly try to find a friendly person who will let you ride a Ryca.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 02/03/14 at 11:44:00

I'm not that old yet; although, I feel like it more often than not.  I just like my single. Wink

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 02/03/14 at 12:19:51

bobdog wrote on 02/03/14 at 08:58:26:
Washington State

Put that in your profile!

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 02/03/14 at 12:40:52

Well I am a Cafe' rider whose bike is based on the RYCA - but I have a different tank, rear sets and clip-ons to better suit my tastes.   My rear sets have the foot controls set in a little farther so you don't have to splay your feet out as much, and my tank is not as wide at the front and my clip-ons allow the bars to be angled back a bit more than the RYCA.

It is not as comfortable as a stock bike, and you will most likely not be going on any really long tours with it.  I can take 2-4 hour rides without too much effort as long as I stop and take a little break every now and then.  I tell people it is like sitting on that folding chair set up in the gymnasium for the graduation ceremony - after a couple of hours it feels good to get off that seat and stand up again!  It does put a lot of weight forward on your arms, and you need some good core and upper body strength to ride it.  Come down a steep hill with a STOP sign at the bottom of the hill, and it feels every bit like you are doing a push up.  I am 5'-8" tall, weigh 156 pounds, and I go to the gym every morning.  If you are not in good shape......I am not sure you are going to enjoy riding a RYCA for more than 15 minutes at a time.  You could minimize the forward weight bias a bit by using conventional handlebars instead of clip-ons.

I was concerned the entire time I was building my bike that I might be building a bike that I couldn't ride.......but I love my bike.   It felt a bit weird at first, but after chasing MMRanch and Oldfellor around Tennessee and North Carolina last year for a few days - it now feels like it belongs to me.    

Medium.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:16:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › New owner !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.