Send Topic Print
Not anymore..... (Read 334 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Not anymore.....
Reply #30 - 02/04/14 at 14:13:19

WOW! "You took a shot at my country, so, Im returning fire".. My country, right or wrong, I stand with her!,, Yea,, principle in action there..
Fair criticism is just that. Anyone who cant stand someone telling them their house needs paint & the foundation is cracked, when its true, without getting offended is just messed up in the head.
If anyone needs to be having babies, its Americans. Weve been aborting ours & creating economic & social environments that make people not want them AND we have been adding sterilants to food & vaccines. Dont think thats an accident, KNow who Cass Sunstein & get familiar with his writings,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #31 - 02/05/14 at 03:16:52

I just realized...
Huh
WebsterMark wrote on 02/04/14 at 06:01:17:
Bergamo isn't your typical tourist destination; it's like expecting a major tourist organization in Fargo, ND.

Bergamo is quite a bit more than Fargo..... I'd say it's more like Nashville or perhaps Salt Lake City.

The Lord's Supper painting is there...[...]
 which is why I was there to begin with  and Bergamo has an upper historic city area surrounded by thick walls, sort of like a giant castle.

Those are called "city walls"

Quote:
I remember many old buildings etc... [...] so I walked back down to my hotel and the houses on the hill side were amazing. Better than anything you see on those southern California hillsides.

Yes, a Medieval town WILL be centuries older than Spanish settlements in California

Quote:
Are you sure you're from Italy Mpes......? Smiley

Yes, I am. I'll tell you more: you say you went to see "The Lord's Supper"  Huh

If you refer to "The Lord's Supper" as THIS

it's NOT in Bergamo, it's in Milan

BUT If you refer to THIS...

...yes, it is in Bergamo, but it's a PAINTING (not a fresco) commissioned to a one "Alessandro Allori" in 1580 (100+ years after Leonardo's fresco) by the Abbot of Bergamo;
Allori made two copies, one for the Abbot, one for another monastery in Florence, and got paid by both.

Cool

PS I admit looking up facts in Wikipedia  Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 02/05/14 at 05:27:41

Thank you for clearing that up. I recall while I was there someone told me I should go see it, but you had to have reservations and only a few people could be let in at a time because of the concerns of damage. Now that I know they were talking about a fresco, that makes sense.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #33 - 02/05/14 at 06:59:32

No prob.

I admit NOT knowing there was "another" famous "Last Supper" until I read your post.

I was really intrigued and... a bit confused, I could had sworn the one and only Last Supper I knew about was in Milan... so you helped shed some light onto this.

You made me a little more knowledgeable on my own history and heritage.
... whew !  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 02/08/14 at 13:00:53

Poor lil' girl...

Not sure why you need a character assassination if your "facts" meet preponderance thresholds.....
But, my post were about the judge and his remarks, and why it troubled me to the point of altering my travel plans.
I trust you have seen where this judge is now being examined by your own system where he might have brought prejudice to his verdict?
If perception is fact, as in your assessments.... I think you display rather handsomely, framing my concern over the issue.
Which puts the ball in my court....to argue with a closed mind is folly and settles nothing. To avoid being in a position where I might find myself at odds with your judicial system, I do have the capacity to assure that does not happen. Is it extreme in nature, most assuredly....
But history is ripe, doubly so in my own country, were men where  judged, AND prosecuted, solely on prejudice and bias, and again, where you have exhibited, how it can work against this yankee partying nymphomaniac (which on its own accord ain't such a bad thing, yes  Kiss )

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #35 - 02/11/14 at 04:12:28

raydawg wrote on 02/08/14 at 13:00:53:
Poor lil' girl...

Not sure why you need a character assassination if your "facts" meet preponderance thresholds.....
But, my post were about the judge and his remarks, and why it troubled me to the point of altering my travel plans.
I trust you have seen where this judge is now being examined by your own system where he might have brought prejudice to his verdict?
If perception is fact, as in your assessments.... I think you display rather handsomely, framing my concern over the issue.
Which puts the ball in my court....to argue with a closed mind is folly and settles nothing. To avoid being in a position where I might find myself at odds with your judicial system, I do have the capacity to assure that does not happen. Is it extreme in nature, most assuredly....
But history is ripe, doubly so in my own country, were men where  judged, AND prosecuted, solely on prejudice and bias, and again, where you have exhibited, how it can work against this yankee partying nymphomaniac (which on its own accord ain't such a bad thing, yes  Kiss )

Sorry for seeing your post so late, else I would have commented earlier.

The "Big Issue" is NOT on the Judge saying what he said.

The big issue is on THAT judge saying what he said, and being crossexamined of it,
when another judge, in a much more important trial "The State Vs. Silvio Berlusconi" said much more (actually admitting to doctoring Courthouse procedures in order to be assigned that very case) and being rather uncerimoniously being taped while admitting "I couldn't wait to lay my hands on that SoB" (a previous Prime Minister!) thus making it quite obvious HE, as a Judge, was prejudiced to the point of wanting to be assigned the case in order to acknowledge him guilty and sentence him!

THAT, IMHO, is a prejudiced court.

NOT Amanda Knox's.

Oh, and... before I forget.

In your Country, if you so much as sneeze into a LEO's face, you get tesered and arrested.

In my Country, you must commit a CRIME as described in the Criminal Code of Laws before a Judge signs an arrest warrant.
There is no "arrest on premises by LEO", only  "Police Custody" without cuffs and without bars.

So, come on ahead, whether you travel to France, Germany or Italy, you'll be safe and protected by the same Judicial Principles.

Not like England, who still go by Roman Law...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/11/14 at 05:53:48

So, come on ahead, whether you travel to France, Germany or Italy, you'll be safe and protected by the same Judicial Principles.

This is true Ray, go visit Italy if you have the opportunity. Unless you are a religion of peace member and dedicated to killing infidels, there are a few places in Paris  you'll want to stay away from. I wandered around Frankfurt, Germany once and stumbled into a Rolling Stones concert. No kidding, it was funny. There are some skinhead places to avoid. Ask your hotel where not to go. Far as I know, Italy's safe. Oh, and bring mirrored sunglasses, the women are amazing looking.....

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #37 - 02/12/14 at 01:57:19

WebsterMark wrote on 02/11/14 at 05:53:48:

This is true Ray, go visit Italy if you have the opportunity. [...] Ask your hotel where not to go. Far as I know, Italy's safe. Oh, and bring mirrored sunglasses, the women are amazing looking.....

Yeh... tell me about it...

I googled "pretty Italian girls" and my PC stalled "too much data"

So I googled "pretty Italian MPs (Members of Parliament) and I got this:

So I googled "ugly Italian girls" and I got a

Ah... decisions... decisions...  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #38 - 02/12/14 at 19:09:14

mpescatori wrote on 02/12/14 at 01:57:19:
WebsterMark wrote on 02/11/14 at 05:53:48:

This is true Ray, go visit Italy if you have the opportunity. [...] Ask your hotel where not to go. Far as I know, Italy's safe. Oh, and bring mirrored sunglasses, the women are amazing looking.....

Yeh... tell me about it...

I googled "pretty Italian girls" and my PC stalled "too much data"

http://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/1/000/27a/26f/0babee2.jpg

So I googled "pretty Italian MPs (Members of Parliament) and I got this:

http://www.pensiamo.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/l43-nicole-minetti-12112212... http://www.julienews.it/upload/news/100000/90000/7000/300/197393_0_1.jpg http://noi.caserta.it/userfiles/2013/02/15/mara%20carfagna.JPG

So I googled "ugly Italian girls" and I got a

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-simNAiLP0_M/Ta8OEtwtBNI/AAAAAAAAAYg/nOVj_NPngMM/s64...

Ah... decisions... decisions...  Cheesy

OK.....fine, I've changed my mind, set me up with one of those local beauties who enjoy sex games like american exchange students then  Kiss  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #39 - 02/13/14 at 05:13:50

You mean... like this ?  Huh

Glad to oblige, but my filter is blinking NSFW !!!  Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 02/13/14 at 06:03:53

I'd try it.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 02/15/14 at 09:10:05

Pesci,, Isnt that Betty Page? Doin the tying, not being tied..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #42 - 02/18/14 at 02:06:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/15/14 at 09:10:05:
Pesci,, Isnt that Betty Page? Doin the tying, not being tied..

Exactly !

Enjoy (it's ok, no pink showing Wink

Wink

PS Tell me if it works, I can't get the Tube from where I am at the moment...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:10:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Not anymore.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.