Send Topic Print
Not anymore..... (Read 334 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Not anymore.....
Reply #15 - 02/03/14 at 20:51:43

Thank you Mr. Pescatori for such a comprehensive run down on the facts of the case & the explanation of your court system. I dont remember hearing such incriminating stories about her. I agree Clinton shoulda stayed out of it, its not like she was locked up in Mexico & her family being shook down for $40,000.00 to release her. Im sure were that the case, Hillary would never have gotten the memo,, but a taxpayer funded trip to Italy? OHH Hell YA!  
Yea,, Amanda needs to not get out of her back yard..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 02/03/14 at 22:42:56

Yeah, I like reading Pesci's posts as well.  They are always very objective.

So when is the movie going to come out?  There is no telling what's going to be in it.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 02/03/14 at 23:24:45

The whole point is, this is a trial over a US citizen accused of murdering a UK citizen, so the Italian Judicial System is remarkably neutral over it all.

Of course we have media coverage, and even talk shows about it, but we don't have assumed experts' opinions for and against, we have forensic experts from other cities (so, completely off the case and out of the info loop) discussing techniques, lawyers discussing tactics, and journalists in the US and UK reporting how local public opinion feels about it.

Sollecito himself is an accessory to murder, but insisted on pleading "not guilty" and got 26 years,
unlike Rudy Guedè who pleaded guilty and had a fast-track trial that got his sentence reduced from 26 to 16 years.

For MSNBC or FOX to claim "they already have a [nigga] in jail, what more do you want", says it all.

Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 02/03/14 at 23:43:26

Quote:
For MSNBC or FOX to claim "they already have a [nigga] in jail, what more do you want", says it all.

Really? Someone said that? I dont watch those "always news" channels,so, I didnt hear about that. I watch the weather sometimes, but rarely,, very rarely, do I watch any news on TV. & I really paid about no attention to this case. I watch political events. Im glad to finally get a quick, to the point, education on it, I never woulda got this info in the states..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 02/04/14 at 01:01:38

WebsterMark wrote on 02/03/14 at 10:23:17:
1. Hungarian is NOT a Latin-based language... nor is it a Germanic-based language...
HUNGARIAN IS A HUNGARIAN-BASED LANGUAGE, IT IS ONE OF THE THREE SURVIVING HUNGARO-FINNIC LANGUAGES IN THE WORLD.
Angry (the other two being Suomi and Eesti or Finnish and Estonian)

I heard one time it was one of 3 or 4 languages that are very unique.

2. In Italy tourist signs, instructions and even the subway announcements are in Italian and ENGLISH!
Try asking the FRENCH for anything not in French!

That wasn't my experience outside the tourist areas of Bergamo.

Bergamo isn't your typical tourist destination; it's like expecting a major tourist organization in Fargo, ND.

Quote:
3. Please be informed that Switzerland and Sweden :
- are NOT the same Country,
- are NOT close to each other,
- do NOT speak the same language.

I know those things. My company's international HQ are in Sweden and my largest customer is HQ in Switzerland. Hope to get to both this year.

I'd like to get back to Italy and France before they disappear...

Point taken, you actually have a job. Whoppee !

The point you do not seem to be able to take, is that "Old World" is something that has been around since... you pick an age, and archaeologists will give you twice as old.

I'll give you a few clues to what "Old World" means:

1. Housing for the Needy: unlike the US, whose capitalistic system was struggling with the masses of unemployed, "fascist" (not communist) Italy was building housing complexes for the needy;
the result was twofold: housing in brickwork (not trailer camps) and jobs for the unemployed.

Ugly ? Yes. better than a lumber shack or a trailer home ? Definitely !

2. Healthcare for the Needy: What I do not understand is how public taxes will pay for Police, Fire Dept and (apparently) public schools, but not for public healthcare; how can you work efficiently if you can't cure your illnesses?
How did... Chicagoans get their drinking water in the old days ? How did they bathe ?

These are the Water Works of Bologna in the 15th Century; and Public Baths from Roman days, reactivated in the 15th Century.

Churches ? Monasteries ? No, ancient public hospitals.  Cool

On the left, "Ospizio di Santo Spirito", built in the 12th Century; on the right, "Ospedale di S.Pietro & Fatebenefratelli" built in the 11th Century on the ruins of a 4th century sanatorium  Shocked

Welcome to the Old World...  Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #20 - 02/04/14 at 01:04:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/03/14 at 23:43:26:
Quote:

Really? Someone said that? I dont watch those "always news" channels,so, I didnt hear about that. I watch the weather sometimes, but rarely,, very rarely, do I watch any news on TV. & I really paid about no attention to this case. I watch political events. Im glad to finally get a quick, to the point, education on it, I never woulda got this info in the states..

I can occasionally "intercept" MSNBC on Digital TV during the night hours, there's a "minor national" network that beams it in order to broadcast 24/7 and get funded for that.

On the other hand, you only have to go and read MSNBC's facebook page. Or is it MSN.com ? Hmmm... anyway, that's what I read.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 02/04/14 at 01:08:53

Incidentally, if anyone should thing I am being sarcastic, and takes offense for something not aimed at him, my apologies.

I may be ironic, or sometimes a little sardonic to strike back at whomever takes a swing at me.

But, overall, I try to be objective.

I know the cons of my society. I try to uphold the pros.

Anybody who loves his Country, would  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/04/14 at 05:46:26

No one on MSNBC or Fox said that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 02/04/14 at 06:01:17

Bergamo isn't your typical tourist destination; it's like expecting a major tourist organization in Fargo, ND.

Bergamo is quite a bit more than Fargo..... I'd say it's more like Nashville or perhaps Salt Lake City.

The Lord's Supper painting is there, Brembo Brakes HQ and a mfg plant is there,  which is why I was there to begin with and Bergamo has an upper historic city area surrounded by thick walls, sort of like a giant castle. I remember many old buildings etc.... it was a neat place to visit. I was there early in the afternoon and found a Irish bar which struck me as odd. I was about the only one there and the cuter than anything young bartender was studying her English. I helped her out a bit and taught her Midwestern phrases that I don't think she understood very well. It was raining so I was explaining 'raining cats and dogs'....
There's a tram running up and down the large hill leading to the upper city. It was undergoing maintenance when I left so I walked back down to my hotel and the houses on the hill side were amazing. Better than anything you see on those southern California hillsides.

Are you sure you're from Italy Mpes......? Smiley

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 02/04/14 at 06:19:14

The point you do not seem to be able to take, is that "Old World" is something that has been around since... you pick an age, and archaeologists will give you twice as old.

I'll give you a few clues to what "Old World" means:

1. Housing for the Needy: unlike the US, whose capitalistic system was struggling with the masses of unemployed, "fascist" (not communist) Italy was building housing complexes for the needy;
the result was twofold: housing in brickwork (not trailer camps) and jobs for the unemployed.

I’m not sure why you always feel the need to criticize the US and build Italy up at every opportunity.

Yea, ‘fascist’ Italy was the right way to go?…… While you were living under the protection of the US and emasculating all your men, the capitalistic system of the US was busy creating a world economy that allowed you the freedom to give away housings and jobs by your government. Your economy is in freefall and your cradle to grave entitlements will be the death of you. Your secular society has checked out of the baby making business. Better to spend your days sipping wine and working 6 hours a day….. who can  be bothered with children; they get in our way and we can’t take those weekend trips…I’m pretty sure Italy is something like 200 out of 224 nations in birthrates. You're dying from the inside out….. Oh, and forget doing business in Italy in the month of August. You might as well put a closed sign up over the entire country. It’s a beautiful place however….. and I’d like to get back to Italy before it’s completely gone…

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #25 - 02/04/14 at 09:42:00

Yes, I'm sure I'm from Italy.

And if Bergamo won't equate to Fargo, ND, it will certainly equate to Rochester, NY in your history.
Nice, but not a milestone such as Venice, Milan, Padua, Florence... Rome...

Personally speaking, I can trace my ancestry back in time enough to before Napoleon invaded Italy, when Florence was an independent Grand Duchy (father) and Istria was under Venice (mother).

But I don't feel bad about Napoleon invading Italy, hey, he brought wine (no, wait, we already had that) and secular laws (no, we already had those too) and freed the South from Spanish rule (yeah, tell me about French rule!) and the North from ...

... no, actually, save for the Spanish "Kingdom of the Two Sicilies", Italy was pretty much independent. and pret-ty well off, too!

A patchwork of small, medium and large size Feudal States, perhaps, but so were the rest of nations in Europe.

Yet, THE place to be and THE place to study was still Italy.

True, Cambridge and Oxford and King's College, London were big provided you were English.
BUT
Copernicus studied in Krakow (Poland) then in Bologna and Ferrara before brushing up the Heliocentric Theory of ancient greek philosopher Aristarcus to claim "the SUN is the center of the Universe!"

Venice was a 1000-y.o. Republic when Napoleon invaded from land.
Genoa was a 900 y.o. Republic when Napoleon... invaded from land.
Pisa was still very much alive and kicking when the Hansa league cities of the North and Baltic Seas were very much decadent.

Go ahead and throw stuff at me.

Mud, snow and sh!t all behave in the same way when they fall on a pitched roof,

they trickle off and leave me to bask in the sun...  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #26 - 02/04/14 at 09:57:12

The best thing that could happen to the USA is the rise to power of a modern Hitler, Il Duce, or Franco. Somebody who will squash 90% of the unnecessary entitlement mentality money squandering and get the citizenry back to productive work.

The current system of installing a puppet or figurehead Marxist mouth piece in the guise of a Demonrat or Repugnican is a proven sham. A little bit of old Europe brought stateside would do us a world of good. Public health, public works, infrastructure, gentrification, etc... that work.

I lived in post-Franco, pre-EU Spain, and if the EU ever self destructs, would move back to the Andalusian coast in a heart beat. No ifs, no ands, no buts, and absolutely no qualms or looking back.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 02/04/14 at 10:27:52

funny Mpes, I thought about Rochester NY, but the more I think about it, the more Salt Lake City fits as Bergamo's 'sister city'.

Bottom line, you took a shot at my country, I'm returning fire.

..but seriously, tell all the Italians to have children before you disappear...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 02/04/14 at 10:31:58

Pesci, my thinking is kind of analogous to what we call "Old Families" here.. Kids raised in an old family, well established & wealthy, are steeped in the history & pride of the family & they usually grow up to be a part of the business & have a certain grasp of the world that isnt what Joe 6Pack relates to. I look at Europeans & see them in kind of the same light. The history you guys come from is so much more than the history of America. But, IMO, the average American believes America is so much more than it is,, because people only have the frame of reference they have & few have the mental capacity &/or desire to step back & see things thru different eyes.. We are New kids on the Block, brash & obnoxious, impatient & rude on the world stage, typically unable to appreciate the vastness of the history of the Old World,,& what that does, how it impacts society there, today.,

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #29 - 02/04/14 at 12:06:01

WebsterMark wrote on 02/04/14 at 10:27:52:
funny Mpes, I thought about Rochester NY, but the more I think about it, the more Salt Lake City fits as Bergamo's 'sister city'.

Bottom line, you took a shot at my country, I'm returning fire.

..but seriously, tell all the Italians to have children before you disappear...

That is the ONE point where we agree. By the time I retire (2-4 years from now) there will be almost as many retired as there are on the owrk force.

NOT a happy perspective, not at all.

Regardless of the hows and whys Italians have 1.2 children per family (as opposed to the "2.4" regarded as the least minimum for any one civilization to survive) the reason is not egotism.

In the old days, a sterile family wopild split legally (one of the very very few reasons when the Church itself would grant the nulment of Holy Matrimony) and the two "ex"s would try a new life.

These days, they will adopt one (ONE) but Italian laws are so incredibly stringent it is actually easier to adopt one from Romania than from Italy itself!

Also, in the old daysone would live close to his lace of work, often walk 20-30' to work; these days, it's 60' by car if not 90' by train.

If, in a family of two working professionals (who am I to push women back to do the housework?) even one semester off for maternity leave means that's all you'll ever get.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:42:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Not anymore.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.