YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: eng life of s40
Reply #15 - 01/31/14 at 08:09:22

Victor hasn't said where he's at... I get the feeling he's across the pond.

So bay of fleas finds aren't gonna do him no good.

WWW   IP Logged
victorbsa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/01/14 at 10:07:38

I'm in the land of taxes NY about 6 miles from Niagara Falls.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 02/01/14 at 10:13:46

Id sure like to know just exactly what broke the cam chain.. as for there being a 1/2 link in it, that bothers me,, this isnt the compound on a drilling rig,,These chains arent built with splitting & adding a 1/2 link in mind.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
victorbsa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 02/01/14 at 10:31:16

I did not mean a half link was broke. Just one peice of a whole link was broke. So it was getting ready to break in another place. It also had wear on the side...like it was rubbing on something they I have yet to figure out.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 02/01/14 at 10:42:46

A chain runnin & rubbing is gonna make some stuff in the oil. Its gonna get in the sump,, I cant see it as anything but an engine killer,, You mite have gotten lucky enough that it didnt splash into the bottom end bearings & maybe the filter caught it all & maybe none of it is hung up in oil passages,, but Id be way concerned with the idea of putting $$$ in that engine,
Was the rubbing on the side toward the piston or toward the outside?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
victorbsa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 02/01/14 at 10:50:48

since even if just what I found is all that is wrong,(i'm sure there is much more) like some one said the parts, gaskets, hi mileage,etc., I can find a used engine for close or even less. I think I'm going to push this aside, maybe use for a training aid, and just look for the motor.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 02/01/14 at 11:42:11

Yep,, Youve got a nice little something to take apart. I dunno what the cost of gaskets would be, but that engine isnt high mileage. The condition of bottom end bearings would be a concern for me, but, IF you take it apart carefully with POssibly putting it back together in mind, you just mite save it, but then, I have no idea what the cost of puting it back together would be, so, I guess if ya knew that goin in, youd have an idea about whether or not you need to be careful taking it apart,,
I think pulling the stator takes a special tool, but, if the engine is junk, the time to get in just for the fun of doin it may not be a good investment,, unless you can beg or borrow any tools.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:21:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › eng life of s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.