Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Most miles I've heard of (Read 126 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Most miles I've heard of
01/28/14 at 08:43:03

I knew this fella who had 2001 Honda VLX 600.  5 years ago he had 80K on that bike.  He happened to be back in town for a funeral.  He still had that bike and someone asked him how many miles he had on it.  He said he was guessing 150K+.  He said the odometer quit working at 88K so he estimated by keeping track of fill-ups.  It has been his only form of transportation since 2001 (rain, snow, wind).

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Most miles I've heard of
Reply #1 - 01/28/14 at 09:29:21

I bought a 2000 Honda ST1100 so the wife can go on some rides with me, and the ST 1100/1300 bikes can turn out some great mileage.

The Honda ST Forum where I was watching to find a good used bike has a mileage awards section, and there are pages of 50,000 mile awards, many 100,000 awards, several 200,000 awards, and surprisingly even some 300,000 mile awards.  I suppose the Gold Wings have that kind of durability as well.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?442-Mileage-MileSTones

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 01/28/14 at 12:34:33

Those STs look like they could be a lot of fun to ride.  How do you like yours?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/28/14 at 12:42:14

pg wrote on 01/28/14 at 12:34:33:
Those STs look like they could be a lot of fun to ride.  How do you like yours?

Don't know for sure.......I rode it 50 miles to bring it home in December when the temperature was 50 degrees, and it has not been on the road since.  They are very affordable and plentiful on the used market - especially the 1100 bikes as riders moved up to the 1300 and cast off the older models.  My thought is that they don't have the personality of the Savage or a lot of other cool bikes....they are just typical Honda and are smooth and reliable and go and go and go....without making much of a fuss.  I can tell you that the windshield and fairing are going to be really nice on those cool evening rides down by the river.  This one is named Camel Joe by the previous owner and her Harley friends.  She got more than 50 mpg....and it has a 7.4 gallon tank......so she would stop for gas before she hit the 350 mile mark.  When I picked the bike up the trip odometer had nearly 400 miles on that current tank of fuel when I got home.

CamelJoe.jpg

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 01/28/14 at 13:41:53

I sure like the looks of that.  Lockable cases when traveling are important, to me a least.  I tall windshield to push the air over you and fairings like that can make a 10 hour ride comfortable.  Plenty of power and worries about running low on gas. That's solid machine.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #5 - 01/28/14 at 18:03:26

I bumped into a guy a few years ago who had racked up over 300,000km (186,000 miles?) on a Triumph rocket 3, never a mechanical problem. God knows what it's up to now.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 01/29/14 at 06:07:51

Not bike related, but I used to have a Volvo 145, and Volvo used to give out grill medallions for every 100,000 miles. There is a guy in New York who has 3 million miles on a P1800. At one million Volvo invited him to Rochester to receive his solid gold medallion, gave him a new Volvo Bertone, and offered to buy his P1800, which he refused.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/18/irv-gordons-volvo-p1800-has-hit-3-million-...
He drove up to our local Volvo Owner's Club meet, and we helped him replace a split EGR hose.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 01/29/14 at 08:29:59

The Moderators are kicking around the idea of making a place on this forum to acknowledge High Mileage Savages. It most likely will not be a discussion thread.....probably a locked sticky that can be updated by the Moderators when you send us a PM with your mileage totals. Details are not yet worked out.....so far I am only aware of one 100,000 mile bike on this forum.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 01/29/14 at 16:07:30

I second the motion, I'm curious to see how many miles can be put on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:31:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Most miles I've heard of

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.